News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I might have to watch Stupid Title Crime Show after all, since it appears Stephen Knight (Locke) is writing it and Tom Hardy (also Locke, and also many other things) is in it. :hmm:

Also in the news, Criterion is releasing Watership Down on blu-ray next year. :o  CAN YOUR CHILDHOOD STAND THE TRUTH OF RABBITS WHO DIE IN DARKNESS AND DESPAIR?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2014, 04:14:22 PM
CAN YOUR CHILDHOOD STAND THE TRUTH OF RABBITS WHO DIE IN DARKNESS AND DESPAIR?

Mine did.

Malthus

I might have to watch Stupid Title Crime Show after all, since it appears Stephen Knight (Locke) is writing it and Tom Hardy (also Locke, and also many other things) is in it. :hmm:

Also in the news, Criterion is releasing Watership Down on blu-ray next year. :o  CAN YOUR CHILDHOOD STAND THE TRUTH OF RABBITS WHO DIE IN DARKNESS AND DESPAIR?

Watership Down is awesome.   :)

The best part: the sheer number of people who thought 'an animated tale about rabbits - perfect for my little kiddies ... OH DEAR GOD'  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2014, 04:24:11 PM
CAN YOUR CHILDHOOD STAND THE TRUTH OF RABBITS WHO DIE IN DARKNESS AND DESPAIR?

Mine did.

I believe you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Longmire picked up by Netflix.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Birdman is kind of just... wow.  Great, really great stuff.  An experience.  Recommended.

Also, Emma Stone is so superhumanly pretty it's actively distracting.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2014, 11:10:46 PM
Birdman is kind of just... wow.  Great, really great stuff.  An experience.  Recommended.

I was really looking forward to that as I am a Michael Keaton fan, but I'll need a second opinion on that as independent confirmation.  Nothing personal.  Well, yeah, it is.   :P

Ideologue

You know, I laud a lot of consensus-pick good movies.  Take Nightcrawler.  Gave it an A+.  Has a 92% on RT.  Gone Girl, 12 Years a Slave, Gravity.  A pluses that will make or have made a lot of people's top ten lists.

But you talk up one Michael Bay movie or TRON sequel...
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Anyway, iirc you're an Ed Norton fan too, and he might have been my favorite in the ensemble.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2014, 11:17:32 PM

:lol:

You've rated so many movies, anybody that can't find at least a couple dozen that make them go  :mad: or  :rolleyes: isn't trying.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Can't wait to see Birdman myself, but it doesn't come out until January over here.

FunkMonk

A cinephile friend of mine said Birdman is her favorite movie of the year so far. I've yet to see it myself, unfortunately.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Snowpiercer. Utter Garbage.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
Pain&Gain?

Seriously, what did you think of it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2014, 07:57:56 AM
Snowpiercer. Utter Garbage.

Reviewers really liked this one, yet reading the synopsis, it seems like a classical horror/action flick à la Riddick.  Start with a group of people, some bad, some good, some collaborate some are killed, and along the way something eliminates most of them.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.