And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

My options to watch on the return flight:

Godzilla: Bleck. Sounds stupid
X:Men Days of Future Past: No idea. Probably top of my list at the moment.
Maleficient: Meh
La Petite Reine: Seems interesting, but after this last week I despise the French with a burning passion. So I am torn.
Neighbors: Looks stupid
Spiderman 2: Never been much of a fan of the Spiderman movies, and frankly, I am mostly fucking sick and tired of the super hero genre.
The Other Woman: Maybe.

Now taking recommendations...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on September 14, 2014, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2014, 11:26:57 AM
Finished Breaking Bad.

What an epic masterpiece.

Yup. I was very impressed that they managed to wrap it all up, and in a dramatically satisfying way.

Indeed, though a bit more epilogue would have been nice. And the series had it all - drama, character, a plot of greed and pride worthy of Greek tragedy and awesome cinematography.

Also, it appears to be the only TV show that has a 10/10 episode with Ozymandias ("Ratings: 10/10 from 54.374 users") on IMDB.

Although I was sad that they killed off [spoiler]Mike. He deserved better.[/spoiler] :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2014, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 14, 2014, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2014, 11:26:57 AM
Finished Breaking Bad.

What an epic masterpiece.

Yup. I was very impressed that they managed to wrap it all up, and in a dramatically satisfying way.

Although I was sad pissed that they killed off [spoiler]Mike. He deserved better.[/spoiler] :(

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2014, 12:01:10 PM

La Petite Reine: Seems interesting, but after this last week I despise the French with a burning passion. So I am torn.
Spiderman 2: Never been much of a fan of the Spiderman movies, and frankly, I am mostly fucking sick and tired of the super hero genre.

Looks to be the proper pick from that list. Plus it has Jenny in it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Haven't seen any of those yet(assume you mean Garfield Spiderman and not Maguire), but would also go with XMen. For what that's worth.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

:lol: Montreal.

Ideologue

X-Men 7 is the right move.

I don't think you'd be the demographic for The Other Woman, but I dunno. :unsure:  In any event, it's not meant to be any good even for people predisposed to enjoy it.

As for the rest: Maleficent sucks, Godzilla has some seriously boring stretches but is overall very good, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a movie I loved, but man kills.

Dunno about the French Quebecois film, never heard of it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Honestly, out of the choices on that list, I'd just put on the earphones and listen to some tunes instead.

Ideologue

Yes, but you hate fun, specifically fun in the form of popcorn movies made after 1992.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Hey, I like Seth Rogan movies, but why would I want to watch one edited for content because derspiess' snot-nosed kids are on the flight too?

Maladict

Watched Castles in the Sky, on Wattson Watt's development of radar.
It's an ok film, Eddie Izzard does a fine job as usual.
But the less said about Tin McInnerny as Churchill, the better.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2014, 01:06:18 PM
Honestly, out of the choices on that list, I'd just put on the earphones and listen to some tunes instead.

The airplane edits are indeed terrible. I never watch any film I'm genuinely interested in, because I don't want to have it ruined.

Ideologue

I've never been on an airplane.  I didn't know they still edited stuff, at least when it's not just a screen at the front of the cabin.  Or is it just for time?  If so, the airplane version of Godzilla might be a great film.
Kinemalogue

Berkut

I don't think they are edited. I was watching something with a very surprising amount of nudity on an airplane once...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on September 14, 2014, 02:59:30 PM
Watched Castles in the Sky, on Wattson Watt's development of radar.
It's an ok film, Eddie Izzard does a fine job as usual.
But the less said about Tin McInnerny as Churchill, the better.

Yeah, that was shockingly bad, worth watching again just for that.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"