News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on August 16, 2014, 06:07:07 PM
Also Nolan's Insomnia is great.  Money's nuts.
It is. I mean it's no Devil's Advocate, but it's still great.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

'Iron Man' - what a piece of juvenile crap.

Is 'Arbitrage' worth a viewing?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I think I saw it, but don't remember a damn thing.

On the plus side, it has Yi's girl.

Edit- starting to remember bits of it now. I'd say don't see it unless you're bored and there's no effort involved.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 16, 2014, 06:32:26 PM
I think I saw it, but don't remember a damn thing.

On the plus side, it has Yi's girl.

OK, not memorable.  :hmm:

Ah, now seen your edit, so probably best to go with an early night. :cheers:

Hey, no one told me that Yi had married/shacked-up with a movie star.   :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Finished Oz (only saw the odd episode back in the day). Great, with some hiccups ([spoiler]Aging pills? Really?[/spoiler]).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I finished watching Fargo.
I'm unsure about the ending.
Spoilers.

That Malvo did what he did is fair enough, he's a awesome psycho, makes sense he could build this other life then throw it away on a whim.
Though I am curious about what he intended for Lester if Lester hadn't stupidly hit him on  the head and ran away.

But Lester.... It doesn't really make sense. Lester had it made, he had upgraded significantly in the wife stakes, his career was going brilliantly, he was a better person....then he saw Malvo and the episode ended with a "Oh shit, Malvo is gonna see him and try and get him!"....but the next episode its Lester that approaches Malvo then chases him into the lift acting like a dick?.....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

You could always use the spoiler tags.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]Lester had forgotten that he was a sheep in wolf's clothing, while Malvo was a real wolf.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Saw the first Machete. It's awful. I have never got this "we're doing a bad movie on purpose" shtick.

Norgy

I have a question. I've watched all the episodes so far of "The Leftovers", and while it seemed at bit Twin Peakish at first, now I am just confused. And not that entertained. It's dark enough, allright, but the plot is all over the place.  :(
What the hell is this about?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on August 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM
Saw the first Machete. It's awful. I have never got this "we're doing a bad movie on purpose" shtick.

Tarentino.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 17, 2014, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Tarentino.

Tarantino doesn't do "bad movies" though. He takes these genres and does his own thing - his shtick is actually telling compelling stories with genres that usually are thought not to. Sometimes it works betters than others, of course.

Machete is just an incompetent movie. But hey, incompetent on purpose, so you know it's all laughs wink wink.

Josephus

Quote from: Josephus on August 16, 2014, 09:48:00 AM
Anyone seen Coherence? It's on my streaming site feed. Sounds interesting.

Yeah, Josephus, just watched it. It's pretty good. Has a Blair Witch vibe but it's not a horror, it's a sci fi/WTF type movie about alternate realites where people no longer know which them is them and...wait...if you're Josephus, who am I?  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Ok, so I'm badly badly badly bored. The only currently ongoing tv series I watch now is True Blood and it sucks and almost over anyway.

So, recommend to me tv shows that are on right now (or will come back soon).

LaCroix