And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Given Languish, I definitely buy that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Hansmeister

Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2014, 04:48:12 PM
I saw the Edge of Tomorrow.  I've decided that Tom Cruise is the new king of science fiction.

I was surprised how good this movie is. 

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 22, 2014, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2014, 04:48:12 PM
I saw the Edge of Tomorrow.  I've decided that Tom Cruise is the new king of science fiction.

I was surprised how good this movie is.
After how much I enjoyed Oblivion, I knew that I would see this film.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Oblivion was wonderful.  Can't wait till Tron 3, or whatever winds up being next from Kosinski. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Ugh, tron sequels. Bleh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on June 22, 2014, 09:18:40 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2014, 05:53:00 PM
Television takes a perfectly good good book, probably my favorite post-apocalyptic novel of all time, and it gets Michael Bayed right in the Tomahawk VLS.  Yahoo.

Gee, let's change the novel from global nuclear war to pandemic, and why?  Because then there's a chance for a happy ending.  FUCK AMERICAN AUDIENCES THERE ARE NO HAPPY ENDINGS FUCK

I give it 5 preemptive first strike  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: out of  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: for fucking up the ENTIRE BASIC PREMISE OF THE NOVEL'S PLOT

Gotta say that premise if pretty intriguing, pity it looks like they have gone the stupid route when adapting it.

Looks like TV can't do apocalypse without dumbing it down, for each TWD there's a myriad of Revolution and Falling Skies.

At the :09 mark, I hereby rename it "The Last Shit".

garbon

I finally saw the recent X-Men movie. It was pretty fun though I think probably not one of my favorites - though I might be looking very charitably on the first X-Men movies as it has been so long (though I don't forgot Storm's terrible line about what happens to a toad struck by lightening :x).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

THIS SHOW SUCKS SO MUCH

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2014, 08:15:29 PM
At the :09 mark, I hereby rename it "The Last Shit".
It looked that way from the preview.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

The Monuments Men. Terrible flick, how can you make a film where both the nazis and the Russians are the bad guys yet be so utterly boring?

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on June 23, 2014, 03:29:53 AM
The Monuments Men. Terrible flick, how can you make a film where both the nazis and the Russians are the bad guys yet be so utterly boring?

Best part of watching this flick; it made me rewatch John Frankenheimer's The Train, which is an amazing action thriller with a very similar plot (it was based on a book written by Cate Blanchett's character in "The Monuments Men"), except that it isn't boring and has one of the best nazi villains of all time.

Admiral Yi

I could tell from the trailer Monuments Men was going to suck.  Clooney usually does a better job of picking scripts.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2014, 11:03:50 AM
I could tell from the trailer Monuments Men was going to suck.  Clooney usually does a better job of picking scripts.

He co-wrote and directed this one, so it was definitely a pet project of his. It's really obvious that he wanted to keep a lot of stuff from the book and the movie suffers from having a gazillion vague threads that aren't too exciting. But there's nothing salvageable, really, even the sparse action scenes are pretty dreadful.