News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

And don't forget A View to a Kill. Often seen as a weak Bond film, but it's got a cracking song, Grace Jones and Christopher Walken :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Moore Bonds were generally superior in every regard except the lead.

CountDeMoney

Also, for a certain generation, say, grumbler and everyone else who lived through the French Wars of Religion, Roger Moore was The Saint.

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 10, 2014, 12:06:18 PM
And don't forget A View to a Kill. Often seen as a weak Bond film, but it's got a cracking song, Grace Jones and Christopher Walken :contract:

Yeah.  I think that was the second Bond film I saw in the theater.  It runs a close second.  And MTV ran that Duran Duran video every 30 minutes back in the day.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 10, 2014, 12:06:18 PM

Grace Jones is so wasted in that film. One of the most memorable Bond henchmen, imho, but the film's terrible.

Duque de Bragança

Dolph Lundgren also had his (small) part in it.
Patrick Macnee and Tanya Roberts (Sheena) were not mentioned, so here they are.

Ed Anger

I like Moonraker. Eat me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

CNBC is reporting that Ed Anger (NYSE: BUTT) stock is dropping substantially in after-hours trading.

Ed Anger

Eat me. I'm a privately held company.

So kiss my rosy red ass.

Ed Anger

I don't know why I'm taking shit from somebody that lives with mommy and daddy.

Scipio

Longmire Season 3. Ep. 1 is bangin'.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

The Double (2014)

A brilliant work of psychological horror that inhabits the mental illness of isolation while it deconstructs the masculine identity.  If that sounds too pretentious, as it damned well should, The Double is an absolutely stunning example of the ability of cinematography and production design to create a nightmare world that is as compelling as it is repellant.  Since that's still a mite too pretentious, how about this: The Double is an arthouse Fight Club for the 21st century, that looks like Dark City, and involves Jesse Eisenberg being an asshole to himself (and everyone else) for a solid hour and a half, and it's really great.

I have a little shadow

A
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2014, 04:28:52 AM
A brilliant work of psychological horror that inhabits the mental illness of isolation while it deconstructs the masculine identity.  If that sounds too pretentious,

*adds "deconstructs the masculine identity" to list of bullshit like "Riefenstahl tinge"*

Ed Anger

Meri does that with every WOMYN post.

Sheilbh

So there was a special screening of Zulu to commemorate the 50th anniversary. A Zulu prince who played a Zulu king in the film attended:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-27779566

I feel this should be a bank holiday...
Let's bomb Russia!