News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Yeah...not sure why he would say that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Spellus...IS...True Dumbass.

Ideologue

Maybe it's because his predictions of cosmic horror didn't pan out?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on June 09, 2014, 07:13:49 PM
Maybe it's because his predictions of cosmic horror didn't pan out?
Hence why he's an idiot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

John Oliver is reusing The Bugle material, but it's okay as long as he keeps using his HBO budget to make it better.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Orange is the New Black. Better than last season. I think they realized the best bits were the character pieces about the inmates. Might do for Prisons what The Wire Did for the war on Drugs. Helped people realize that it is fucked up.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 09, 2014, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on June 09, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 09, 2014, 03:33:42 PM
I have been watching the rerun of True Detectives and I am up to episode 4.

This is some amazing TV.  Great writing.  Amazing acting.
Stop at 5.  Do not go past 5.  Never.  Never ever.

Now I have to watch episode 6 just to see why I shouldnt  :D

Don't listen to him. He thought TD was something else than what it actually is, a cop show.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I started watching this Orange is the New Black show. At first I was wary of it being a chick show. But it is actually rather good. And Regina Spektor theme tune, yay.
The 3rd epsiode IIRC has flashbacks to the transexual when she was a man- is that the same person? With some kind of funky boob removal special effects at play?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

No, different actor however twin of the transexual actress.

Laverne & Lamar Cox.

Lamar's the dude.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Oh wow, interesting. Thought he looked a bit too similar to be an unrelated actor.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2014, 05:28:00 AM
Roger Moore is my least favorite Bond. He hammed it up way too much, in my opinion.

He was the first Bond I knew.  I think the first 3 or 4 Bond films I saw were his.  So he was sort of the benchmark Bond for me.  Not saying he's better than Connery, but probably my favorite.  For Your Eyes Only is forever emblazoned in my memory.  Watching it 50 times on HBO probably helped with that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Olympus has Fallen: Meh D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 10:35:39 AMFor Your Eyes Only is forever emblazoned in my memory.  Watching it 50 times on HBO probably helped with that.

Fuck if they didnt run that into the ground that summer.

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2014, 05:28:00 AM
Roger Moore is my least favorite Bond. He hammed it up way too much, in my opinion.

He was the first Bond I knew.  I think the first 3 or 4 Bond films I saw were his.  So he was sort of the benchmark Bond for me.  Not saying he's better than Connery, but probably my favorite.  For Your Eyes Only is forever emblazoned in my memory.  Watching it 50 times on HBO probably helped with that.

I'll admit to watching Live and Let Die every time I catch it on the telly, but the main reason is the awesome theme song.