News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Watching a somewhat 'diverse' collection of music I downloaded from youtube.

Motorhead - 'Iron Fist'

Motorhead - 'Ace of Spades'

Roxy Music - 'Virginia Plains' from TOTP 1972.

Roxy Music - 'Avalon'

Asia - 'Heat of the Moment'

Human League - 'Louise'

King Crimson 'Starless' Live from some French TV show.

Peter Gabriel - 'Here Comes The Flood'

Peter Gabriel - 'Sledgehammer'

Bangles - 'Walk Like An Egyptian'

Kim Wilde - 'Kids In America'

'Buggles - 'Video Killed the Radio Star'

:hmm:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 21, 2014, 08:56:31 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2014, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2014, 05:40:25 PM
How is there a show about women competing to marry a person who is pretending to be Prince Harry?
read about that yesterday. Apparently it is terrible. I want to see it :blush:

That's apparent from the time you hear the pitch.
I dunno, there was one show called undercover princes about actual nobles going around and trying to pull a normal girl. It was great.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Just noticed that the Batman vs Superman film is now subtitled "Dawn of Justice".  :bleeding:

Syt

Road House/Red Dawn double feature on TV tonight. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2014, 01:35:18 PM

Oh hells yeah

Syt

I also need to watch North and South again. But not the crappy third season.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

I duuno, 1863 was a fine year, Union-wise

Valmy

The Civil War was better in the 80s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2014, 02:55:52 PM
I duuno, 1863 was a fine year, Union-wise

Third season or "Book" was post war. It was very much a forgettable afterthought.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Dubbed in German, Achtung!

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 22, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

Not on MGM it's not.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2014, 12:28:25 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 22, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

Not on MGM it's not.

Wow, Austria is improving! :)

Syt

MGM on cable has always been dual audio, even when I was still in Germany. Most movie channels on cable are these days, and also the serial channels of Fox, TNT and Universal.

It's confusing when they're showing 60s kung-fu movies, though, because there's not always a subtitles option.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Star Trek, The Next Generation, series 5, episode:Conundrum
Ah, I remember this episode!
The Enterprise gets attacked by an alien ship which fires a beam at them and makes everyone forget who they and everyone else on the ship is. It also plants an imposter amongst them and alters the ships computers to include him on the crew.
This was one of the first Next Generation episodes I ever saw. Which was quite interesting really; I didn't realise that there was anything iffy about the imposter, I didn't know that character wasn't a normal part of the crew.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2014, 03:03:42 AM
MGM on cable has always been dual audio, even when I was still in Germany. Most movie channels on cable are these days, and also the serial channels of Fox, TNT and Universal.

It's confusing when they're showing 60s kung-fu movies, though, because there's not always a subtitles option.

It's not like there's an official original version (Cantonese? Not for Shaw Bros. etc.) since they were shot without direct sound.
As for France, dual audio has started to appear even on free digital terrestrial channels, including the state-owned ones which were the last to convert, but not for all material (still no Matula in OmU). The Cine-club/Cinéma de Minuit spots have always been original version only. Last year they even showed the nazi Titanic movie for Easter  :)
Germany and Austria are quite disappointing since they used to spearhead the movement with Zweikanalton.
As for cable or pay tv, dual audio or OV-only for select screenings from the '90s on if not earlier.