Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on April 13, 2014, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 12, 2014, 07:55:38 PM
So, Hannibal.
[spoiler]They killed off Dr. Chilton? That's not supposed to happen 'til Hannibal escapes from prison.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]He's alive.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yeah, in the last shot it looked like it was just a chin wound.[/spoiler]
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

I enjoyed Pacific Rim, no need for it to be a good movie to be entertaining and enjoyable.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Is Atlantic Rim better?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 14, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
I enjoyed Pacific Rim, no need for it to be a good movie to be entertaining and enjoyable.

Same here, it was everything I wanted it to be: robot on monster action with a nod to all the necessary nonsensical clichés (the sword!) and $100m+ CGI instead of rubber suits. It was tons of fun.

In my mind, too, I consider it the sequel to Cloverfield, so I can finally find closure to that film  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Based on the five minutes or so I caught of The Hangover Part Trois, it would appear there is a straight line fall off in entertainment in the three.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 14, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
Black Hawk Down is in heavy rotation on BBC America (fittingly).  WTF is Jaime Lannister doing in that film?

I spent 5 minutes going round and round with Mom over the fact that Charles Dance is not the "same old skinny English guy" that ran the Death Star in the orignal Star Wars, what with it being Peter Cushing and quite dead for 20 years.  ARE YOU SURE

Edit: Kill me.  Kill me now.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 14, 2014, 11:16:22 AM
Based on the five minutes or so I caught of The Hangover Part Trois, it would appear there is a straight line fall off in entertainment in the three.

You must have had a really low opinion of the first one for that to be possible.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

I watched Mad Men yesterday and thought it kinda sucked.

Discuss.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2014, 11:38:46 AM
You must have had a really low opinion of the first one for that to be possible.

You lost me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zoupa on April 14, 2014, 11:42:03 AM

Discuss.

It did.

I didn't get the last scene. Was Don taking a dump on his balcony?  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 14, 2014, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2014, 11:38:46 AM

You lost me.

Cause Hangover 2 was one of the worst movies ever made. So a strictly linear fall would be difficult to pull off.

Eddie Teach

California Suite. One would expect a film starring Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby and Walter Matthau to be funnier than this. :mellow:

Norgy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 14, 2014, 11:42:03 AM

Discuss.

It's a dead parrot. 
I haven't even bothered with season six.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

I thought all of last year sucked (Mad Men). Havne't watched last night's yet, but will just to complete it, but am not expecting much.

Don Draper was an interesting character for the first few seaons, but now he's just fucking annoying.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011