And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 03, 2014, 09:25:46 PM
Because Hawkeye is LAME

I thought of an alternative ending to Winter Soldier. The bad guys are winning and the flying evil death murder drones are in operation, apparently victorious. Cap is standing on the potomac river bank bruised and battered and he makes a phone call to tony stark, he says "tony, I have a problem, can you bring banner, a catapult and something to make the hulk angry"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on April 04, 2014, 01:03:51 AM
Because Hawkeye is LAME

I thought of an alternative ending to Winter Soldier. The bad guys are winning and the flying evil death murder drones are in operation, apparently victorious. Cap is standing on the potomac river bank bruised and battered and he makes a phone call to tony stark, he says "tony, I have a problem, can you bring banner, a catapult and something to make the hulk angry"

You really missed your calling as a big-shot Hollywood screenwriter.  Your ideas are so much fun.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2014, 02:32:54 AM
Because Hawkeye is LAME

You really missed your calling as a big-shot Hollywood screenwriter.  Your ideas are so much fun.

It's hard to think of any problems in the marvel cinematic universe that can't be solved by an angry banner and a catapult.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2014, 10:10:32 AM
How do you feel about dubbed commercials?  That tripped me out when I was in Montreal.
We get a few dubbed pan-European ads in the UK. Baffling.

QuoteFYI Squeeze, oriental is now consider un-PC.  Asian is the PC term.
Not in the UK.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2014, 10:10:32 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 09:35:08 AM
Slapshot is much better movie in dubbed French than it's original English.

How do you feel about dubbed commercials?  That tripped me out when I was in Montreal.

A god damn disgraced, that's what it is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 04, 2014, 06:34:05 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2014, 02:32:54 AM
Because Hawkeye is LAME

It's hard to think of any problems in the marvel cinematic universe that can't be solved by an angry banner and a catapult.
Thanos.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maladict

Twelve Years a Slave. It's very good, but I expected something more. Something less Hollywood, maybe.
And Brad Pitt nearly ruins it with a subpar performance.

viper37

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2014, 05:48:01 PM
Started watching Helix and can't really decide if I thought the pilot was good or not. On one hand it had me pretty hooked the entire hour, on the other it wasn't at all good acting, plot or suspense. And the CGI wasn't worthy of 2014. :unsure:
It's a very good series, but the first few episodes focus a bit too heavily on science, it's hard to follow if you're not in some biology field.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2014, 05:54:37 PM
Saw a bit of White House Down yesterday.

:bleeding:
It's totally silly.  Totally unrealistic.  Totally dumb.  Totally predictable.  And yet, I had fun watching it.  :blush:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2014, 12:58:19 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2014, 10:51:49 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2014, 10:43:24 AM
FYI Squeeze, oriental is now consider un-PC.  Asian is the PC term.
Asian is wrong. That's an Indian. :bowler:

But you don't know if your so-called "indian" is actually from India - they could be from Pakistan, or Sri Lanka, or Nepal, or Bangladesh...

If you have to be more specific than "Asian", the preferred terms are East Asian or South Asian.
I wouldn't call someone an Indian unless I knew they were from India. Usually they'd just be an Asian.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Caught a bit of Dracula 2000. Barf.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out.

Find out what?

They're screwing with the wrong people.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 04, 2014, 03:14:56 PM
They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out.

Find out what?

They're screwing with the wrong people.

The lamest season finale ever.  At the beginning of the episode when they showed the Rabbit trap you knew exactly what was going to happen.  It was just a matter of sitting around for an hour waiting for it too happen.

katmai

At theater being one of those annoying people on cell waiting for Captain America to start.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2014, 03:57:06 PM
At theater being one of those annoying people on cell waiting for Captain America to start.

I am the guy throwing popcorn at the back of your head.