TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Good to have you on board. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, and the fact that those Gamera movies do preserve the original Daieiscope dimensions was the deciding factor in going ahead and pre-ordering them. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Such a dull part of the city.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Started watching Helix and can't really decide if I thought the pilot was good or not. On one hand it had me pretty hooked the entire hour, on the other it wasn't at all good acting, plot or suspense. And the CGI wasn't worthy of 2014. :unsure:

And where have they stolen that abandoned-lab-setting-with-60's-music thing from? :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Saw a bit of White House Down yesterday.

:bleeding:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
Or Native Americans. :)

Yeah. "aboriginals" are Australian Negros.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Saw The Winter Soldier again on Wensday, still great.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

I saw winter soldier. Why wasn't hawkeye in it, he could shoot down helicarriers with one arrow.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Because Hawkeye is LAME
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I guess the manchild who just saw it twice would know.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2014, 09:28:44 PM
I guess the manchild who just saw it twice would know.
:o I'm offended!

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Why should truths offend?

viper37

Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2014, 08:53:01 PM
I saw winter soldier. Why wasn't hawkeye in it, he could shoot down helicarriers with one arrow.
Contract dispute with Disney, last I heard, there were rumors he might be recast, but IMDB has him as Hawkeye.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.