News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

No, you're correct.  But that wasn't just bush, that was South Vietnam.  Hurl.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 09:08:11 PM
No, you're correct.  But that wasn't just bush, that was South Vietnam.  Hurl.

:unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I prefer hardwood floors to shag carpeting.

garbon

And you say I'm anti-women.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

George Orwell: raging libertarian. At least to Stalinists.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

It's less a reference to Orwell's personal politics than it is to the standard 1984 has become on the right.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 09:25:15 PM
It's less a reference to Orwell's personal politics than it is to the standard 1984 has become on the right.

wut?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 09:06:57 PM
I think we even saw bush.  But it's been a while since I've watched the picture.

Yes. Strangely that's the only thing I remember about it. Mind, I was 16 at the time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
And you say I'm anti-women.

I'm not anti-woman, I'm anti-hair.

garbon

Capetan Mihali

Watched Bergman's Winter Light last night.  It's great.  Even though it's a little bit of a cliched "artsy" favorite, I really love Bergman.

I'm watching Robocop right now, haven't seen it in quite a while.  It's also great.  Yi says it's pulp, which may be true, but pulp has a particular way of getting across certain truths that wouldn't work in a conventional art format.  I like a lot of pulp novelists for the same reason.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2014, 10:26:18 PM
Pretty oppressive beauty routine.

I consider it courteous.

If I'm going to reconnoiter in force at the equator with no knowledge of the enemy's disposition or lay of the land, the least somebody can do is blow back the treeline a few klicks for me.