News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2013, 10:48:33 PM
Magneto and Professor X as well. Also Beast while we're at it.  ;)

Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine are the ones which are handled properly. Kelsey Grammar would steal the show no matter what he is in. Halle Berry? Ellen Paige? Anna Paquin? James Marsden? Famke Jansen? Alan Cumming? All these people were wasting their time being in these movies.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

I was going on the "actors not primarily remembered for those roles" line. Gandalf, Picard and Frasier are all better known than their Xmen characters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Serious actors shouldn't want to be remembered for their action movie roles.  They're big pay days.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2013, 10:59:34 PM
I was going on the "actors not primarily remembered for those roles" line. Gandalf, Picard and Frasier are all better known than their Xmen characters.

Gandalf, Picard and Frasier are primary protagonists in their stories. Xenia Onatop is a circus freak hench-wench from 90s Bond.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

I would strenuously argue that Famke Janssen is in fact by far most well known for playing Jean Grey.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

That's in large part because she's not a terribly well known actress.

Though I do find her screechin' hot.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2013, 11:39:14 PM
I would strenuously argue that Famke Janssen is in fact by far most well known for playing Jean Grey.

I agree, which is what made the Onatop reference strange.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on December 28, 2013, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2013, 11:39:14 PM

I agree, which is what made the Onatop reference strange.

1 Xenia Onatopp was hotter than Jean Grey. IMO.
2 Goldeneye was a better movie than X-Men. IMO.
3 I remember lots of lines either spoken by, to or about Ms Onatopp. The only thing I remember about Jean Grey was when she blew up.
4 I said nothing at all about what she was or wasn't famous for. You actually did(the exact opposite of what you're saying now.  :P)

Ideologue

Oh, is Xenia Onatopp the Bond Girl from Goldeneye?  See, I didn't even remember her name.

Anyway, watching Tangled again.  Mandy Moore. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Hannibal.  Caroline Dhavernas. :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

That's great Ide. Feel free to make references to Famke Janssen as Jean Grey in your own posts.

Though honestly, I even remember her tranny in Nip/Tuck better than her turn in X-Men.  :lol:

HVC

Thanks to nip/tuck famke will forever be a crazy tranny to me
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2013, 12:11:24 AM
That's great Ide. Feel free to make references to Famke Janssen as Jean Grey in your own posts.

Personally, I would show the flesh and blood actor the respect she is due and refer to her as Famke Janssen.

:P
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

I wasn't referring to the actress though.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2013, 12:07:23 AM
Oh, is Xenia Onatopp the Bond Girl from Goldeneye?  See, I didn't even remember her name.

Anyway, watching Tangled again.  Mandy Moore. :wub:

The russian one, with the thighs.