TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

I'm so turned on right now.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 03, 2013, 09:36:50 PM
I'm so turned on right now.

Your cock is the great host driving on Kadesh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Man, so far I am loving Grand Prix.  Shame about having to go to work. -_-
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Any of you old farts remember a movie called Le Mans?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2013, 11:45:30 AM
Any of you old farts remember a movie called Le Mans?

Of course.  Classic McQueen.

To Ide's credit, he's going to see it.

Ideologue

It's on my table next to disc 2 of Grand Prix. :)
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

On that theme I really, really recommend the documentary Senna. Superbly made and I hate the sport.

21 Jump Street. Very good.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Yeah, no doubt I should watch Senna too.  The fact that it was a documentary initially led me to dismiss it, but it's probably essential viewing.
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

One of the best trends in films in the last 10-20 years is how good documentaries have got. It's brilliant and Senna is outstanding.

Everyone should also watch Fire in Babylon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I don't want to watch a documentary about Captain Sheridan.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Season Finale of Hell On Wheels this Sunday. Doesn't get as much press as any other AMC show, but it's actually quite good.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on October 04, 2013, 08:56:59 PM
Season Finale of Hell On Wheels this Sunday. Doesn't get as much press as any other AMC show, but it's actually quite good.

Agreed, I really enjoy it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?