News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 25, 2013, 03:40:25 AM
Finally getting caught up on Ray Donovan. 

I just watched the first episode. No wonder he gets around with a wife like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on September 25, 2013, 06:06:26 AM
With network TV I'll wait and see what the buzz is after about 8 shows before digging in. I've had shows cancelled from under my feet far too often.

On the flipside, most aren't that exciting when they are still getting their legs, so if cancelled - no supreme loss. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

If you aren't watching the new shows, you aren't helping the networks pick out which ones are keepers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on September 25, 2013, 06:45:03 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2013, 05:56:34 AM
Quote from: Kleves on September 24, 2013, 11:31:47 PM
Agents of SHIELD. Meh. Coulson (who's like a robot now?) is willing to risk the lives of hundreds of people to avoid making a difficult decision. That kind of stupid is usually a dealbreaker for me.
What was the difficult decision?

Option A - let bomb go off killing hundreds
Option B - shoot a "bad guy"
And why was this difficult? :unsure:

Did they need him alive for some other reason? Information?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

He wasn't a bad guy, he was just unstable due to the drugs he was on. And he had a kid.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 25, 2013, 09:28:25 AM
He wasn't a bad guy, he was just unstable due to the drugs he was on. And he had a kid.
Also, information.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Kleves

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2013, 09:27:03 AM
And why was this difficult? :unsure:
Because the guy was sympathetic (black single father laid off from his job because of an injury, denied worker's comp because reasons, etc.) and by crappy TV show logic that meant he had to survive. The guy had already crippled/murdered/kidnapped multiple people, and was going to explode in the middle of a crowded train station at any second, but Coulson decided that, instead of shooting the guy and ending the threat, he would let him rant for awhile and try to talk him into surrendering (which of course worked, because that's apparently the kind of show this is going to be). And this wasn't even the dumbest thing that Coulson did during the episode.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 25, 2013, 09:11:17 AM
If you aren't watching the new shows, you aren't helping the networks pick out which ones are keepers.

Aright. I'm convinced. I'll download them as soon as made available.... ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Halfway through I was gonna say that it was better than I expected but then it got too silly. Stone just can't help himself.

Eli Wallach. :wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Found on youtube a Hammer horror film I've not seen before. :gasp: w

What's more it starred Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, so not a minor one. 

Called 'The Gorgon', made in 1964, both starts played non-typical roles. Not sure if I'd recommend it, haven't yet seen the last 20 minutes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Oh, man, speaking of Gravity, I've been reading the reviews (my invitation to TIFF seems to have been lost in the Canadian mail -_- ).  It's gonna be great, isn't it?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Doubt it. It's been Ide-tainted.
PDH!

Ideologue

That's stupid.  You're stupid for saying it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

It doesn't look especially interesting. 
PDH!

Ideologue

Do you not like astronauts in trouble?  Do you not like long takes?
Kinemalogue