And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ideologue

Wrong.  It's just not as good as the first two, like a reverse Search For Spock.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 09:42:47 PM
I want to see a Terminator Buster Keaton fight a Terminator train now.

But T3 wasn't bad.  It was simply derivative, but was a successful action movie, and its end is ballsy and surprising enough to be memorable.  I own it.  I do not own Terminator Salvation.
Yep.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

The female Terminator's ass shot made it worth it.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2013, 10:52:01 PM

But T3 wasn't bad.  It was simply derivative, but was a successful action movie, and its end is ballsy and surprising enough to be memorable.  I own it.  I do not own Terminator Salvation.
Yep.

T1 was a surprise hit action thriller. T2 was a genre defining milestone. T3 came, made its money and left without leaving a major impression. T4 ... well, was T4. It's up there with Alien Resurrection as "most unnecessary sequel".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also, I found this mildly amusing.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Just finished up Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Just freaking excellent. With the exception of the fly episode, which was painfully bad.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on August 24, 2013, 11:54:49 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2013, 10:52:01 PM

Yep.

T1 was a surprise hit action thriller. T2 was a genre defining milestone. T3 came, made its money and left without leaving a major impression. T4 ... well, was T4. It's up there with Alien Resurrection as "most unnecessary sequel".

I have to agree with Ide. The end to T3 was a complete surprise, who really went into the theater expecting John Connor to fail and Skynet to succeed in its plan to nuke the world? Thus it was memorable, even if the rest of the movie wasn't.

I think that you could make an absolutely awesome movie about the rise of John Connor and the Resistance against the Machines. Unfortunately T4 was not that movie. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2013, 01:55:15 AM
Just finished up Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Just freaking excellent. With the exception of the fly episode, which was painfully bad.

Reallly? I loved the fly episode.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2013, 01:55:15 AM

Yeah, I thought that episode upset the pacing of the show.  Maybe not so much when you're watching it from week to week, but if you're speed-watching the show, it is a real speed bump.

Now strap on your seat belt to burn through Season 4 in about two days.  :P

lustindarkness

The Eagle, a good way to entertain myself a Sunday morning, better than I remember critics say it was.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

It's Red Dawn weekend on cable, both the original Reaganaut orgasmfest, and the new one.

Caught some of the remake, and my review is two words:  Red Shit.

Watching the remake, I don't think I would last too long in an insurrection:  in an asymmetrical resistance movement you have to shoot and scoot, and didi mau most riki tik before the response shows up, and I'd probably wind up sticking around too long, too busy cutting off their genitalia and stuffing them in their commie yellow pinko mouths.  Because that's my thing.

CountDeMoney

Also, I would've been in much better shape for the original Red Dawn in 1985, lulz.

CountDeMoney

You know, when she was young and healthy, not all cracked out and a jar of gherkins juice with legs, Linday Lohan was one seriously hot piece of ass.

The Brain

Wow, old people really don't need any response to just keep talking.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.