News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I'm not convinced Christian Bale should be in action movies at all.  He was not a very good Batman, a terrible John Connor, and just hilarious as Dave Equilibrium or whatever that guy's name was.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

I found Bale acceptable in American Psycho. Other movies I've seen... meh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

I consider American Psycho an action movie.  How often do you see somebody wielding a chainsaw and running through a high-rise condo stairwell in nothing but Seinfeld white sneakers?

Admiral Yi

Neil

Yeah, Christian Bale was the problem with Terminator 4.  The problem with that movie was everything but the cast and the decision to use 'You Could Be Mine'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 03:54:26 PM
Well, it was an unfair indictment of Generation X.
It was however a perfectly fair indictment of Ethan Hawke, Ben Stiller, Winona Ryder, and Janeane Garofalo.  So not a total failure.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
I consider American Psycho an action movie.  How often do you see somebody wielding a chainsaw and running through a high-rise condo stairwell in nothing but Seinfeld white sneakers?

In Baltimore?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

I think both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are brilliant. No need to compete.

Hobo with a Shotgun. Better than I expected. Good fun. Superb soundtrack.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

In Baltimore?

Of course, monkey shitfuck.  In Baltimore.

Eddie Teach

Probably less common there. That's white people crazy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2013, 08:02:25 PM
Probably less common there. That's white people crazy.

Point is one guy can really skew the numbers. ^_^
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Here, have a muffin top, Captain Carbs.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2013, 04:28:12 PM
Yeah, Christian Bale was the problem with Terminator 4.  The problem with that movie was everything but the cast and the decision to use 'You Could Be Mine'.
The problem with the movie was that it existed.  The same could be said of its predecessor.  Humphrey Bogart, Harrison Ford, and Buster Keaton could not have saved the movie.
PDH!

Ideologue

I want to see a Terminator Buster Keaton fight a Terminator train now.

But T3 wasn't bad.  It was simply derivative, but was a successful action movie, and its end is ballsy and surprising enough to be memorable.  I own it.  I do not own Terminator Salvation.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Apparently Joe Kosinski is going to be doing a Twilight Zone film.  <_<

OK, fine, but Black Hole?  Tron 3?  Maybe it's an anthology film like the last one (especially insofar as doing feature-length original film and calling it "The Twilight Zone" is like the dumbest idea I've ever heard).
Kinemalogue