News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It also had a completely implausible premise.

No, not aliens.  The fact that South Africa would be allowed to be in charge of dealing with them.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2013, 07:00:48 PM

No, not aliens.  The fact that South Africa would be allowed to be in charge of dealing with them.

I don't have a problem with the Aliens in my Backyard premise.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

I was surprisingly entertained by Wrath of the Titans II last night.  I thought the CGI was excellent.  Chronos was well-concieved and executed, the two headed flamethrower beast was well done as well.

CountDeMoney

Anybody watch the most recent episode of Vice?  If not, you have to catch it;  all about Rodman and the Globetrotters trip to North Korea.  The footage of their tour of Freakistan is excellent.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2013, 07:00:48 PM

That's why it's Science Fiction. Movie is a solid B+ in my book and rated higher elsewhere unlike....er Oblivion.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2013, 07:41:39 PM
That's why it's Science Fiction. Movie is a solid B+ in my book and rated higher elsewhere unlike....er Oblivion.  :lol:

It gets novelty points because of the whole South Africa angle, that's all.

lustindarkness

Movie snobs <_< , District 9 is a good movie. Not every movie has to be excellent to entertain, hell I'm watching Cowboys and Aliens right now.  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 15, 2013, 07:49:30 PM
Movie snobs <_< , District 9 is a good movie. Not every movie has to be excellent to entertain, hell I'm watching Cowboys and Aliens right now.  :lol:

great just what we need, a puerto rican ide :bleeding:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2013, 07:42:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2013, 07:41:39 PM

It gets novelty points because of the whole South Africa angle, that's all.

You would think SA would be able to "contain & administer" the prawns. Should be old hat shit.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2013, 07:51:48 PM
You would think SA would be able to "contain & administer" the prawns. Should be old hat shit.  :lol:

I'd have bought into the premise if it were 1986.

CountDeMoney

No, plenty of stupid movies entertain.  However, District 9 isn't one of them.

Admiral Yi

Tell us again what you think of Wyatt Earp.

Then post the soda/pop map.

lustindarkness

Bah, I'm gonna watch Oddities on Science Channel, besides, phone is almost dead.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

District 9 was just boring, that one was painful.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Is it better to be Bad or unmemorable?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son