News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I also like how these movies are further into the future now, so as not to run into the date with the movie still being aired.

I want the Running Man show by 2017. :mad:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on June 14, 2013, 04:48:20 AM
Indeed. I liked District 9 a lot, so I'll be looking forward to this.

District 9 sucked ass balls.

viper37

District 9 was a very good movie, and this one looks great too.  Looking forward to it! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on June 14, 2013, 07:13:16 AM
District 9 was a very good movie,

And yet, you wonder why you are on the List. 

Darth Wagtaros

District 9 was high minded crap.  Boring high minded crap.
PDH!

The Brain

District 9 was flawed. And anti-pig.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

One more week and the boys are finished with their exams.  Then we can start taking in some of these movies.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on June 14, 2013, 03:08:20 AM
Oh, but P.S.: if it is a financial success, I think it may wind up being the most important movie of the decade. 

Looks like your wish will be granted

A sequel is now assured.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/man-steel-beginning-worldwide-release-record-opening-day-120150139.html

QuoteFRIDAY 7:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: It's already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend openingr of 2013 as Warner Bros' and Legendary Pictures' Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is flying high at the domestic box office today. My sources have now increased their estimates to $51M Friday, $124.4M for the three-day weekend, and $134.4M for the four-day cume through Sunday. The only other movie in the North American marketplace in wide release, Sony/Columbia Pictures' This Is The End (3,055 theaters) which opened Wednesday as a counter-programming apocalyptic comedy is looking like $8M for Friday, $20.8M for the 3-day weekend, and $33.1M for the 5-day cume. Refined numbers later.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

"One for the Book"

Late 1940's film starring Ronald Reagan.  A surprisingly witty and intelligent B-romance film.  Pretty good.

garbon

So why did the UK Shameless last so long? I'm in...series 8 and the show has seriously been phoning it in for at least the last couple. Once the focus was off the Gallaghers and then less focused on Maguires, it kinda went rudderless.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2013, 10:58:17 PM
So why did the UK Shameless last so long? I'm in...series 8 and the show has seriously been phoning it in for at least the last couple. Once the focus was off the Gallaghers and then less focused on Maguires, it kinda went rudderless.
People kept watching and the people involved wanted a pay cheque I guess.
I stopped watching long ago.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

District 9 had nice solid novelty value because of the setting and no major strikes against it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2013, 05:00:32 AM
District 9 had nice solid novelty value because of the setting and no major strikes against it.

Boringness is a major strike.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

I agree with Yi. District 9 was a solid movie and I was satisfied when I saw it in the theater years ago.

4 Alien-South-Africans out of 5
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2013, 07:16:36 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 14, 2013, 07:13:16 AM
District 9 was a very good movie,

And yet, you wonder why you are on the List. 
I knew you would say that!  :hug:

It was an ok movie.  It had a decent plot, but it clearly lacked budget.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.