And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: dps on April 12, 2013, 09:54:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2013, 08:40:53 PM
For me at least, for TV of it's time, nothing beats watching the original 'Avengers' series in the early 1970s.  :bowler: 

You do know that the 1970s weren't really "it's (sic) time", right?  The show originally ran from 1961 to 1969.

You know they repeated programmes back then.   ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2013, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: dps on April 12, 2013, 09:54:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2013, 08:40:53 PM
For me at least, for TV of it's time, nothing beats watching the original 'Avengers' series in the early 1970s.  :bowler: 

You do know that the 1970s weren't really "it's (sic) time", right?  The show originally ran from 1961 to 1969.

You know they repeated programmes back then.   ;)

Yeah, I just wasn't sure that you were aware of it.

garbon

The Fifth Element

:wub: though I'd forgotten some bits. Like when someone here said they thought I was like the Ruby character. I've never gone down on a woman. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

dps

The Fifth Element is the only movie I ever saw at a drive-in theater.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2013, 06:55:48 PM
The Fifth Element

:wub: though I'd forgotten some bits. Like when someone here said they thought I was like the Ruby character. I've never gone down on a woman. -_-

Good flick
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I remembered not liking it the first go-around, but subsequent viewings really warmed me up to it.  Besson has to grow on you.

Admiral Yi

Just saw The Campaign.  Watchable.

Seedy would like it because they take shots at the Koch brothers and Diebold.

Ideologue

The Fifth Element

Great film.  You're okay, Garbo.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I've never gone down on a woman. -_-

It's kind of like being lost at sea;  it's all wet, fatiguing, difficult to get air and nobody can really hear you, but you just have to keep true north in mind to get back to shore.

Syt

The Fifth Element

Is that your only objection? :P

Love that movie - perfect silly popcorn action.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2013, 09:38:30 PM
I've never gone down on a woman. -_-

It's kind of like being lost at sea;  it's all wet, fatiguing, difficult to get air and nobody can really hear you, but you just have to keep true north in mind to get back to shore.

And it means nothing, so really you've lucked out.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Does it mean something when someone sucks your dick? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2013, 12:46:23 AM
Does it mean something when someone sucks your dick? :unsure:

Yes.  Haven't you ever seen Vanilla Sky?
Kinemalogue

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
I love Fifth Element.
Indeed.  One of the few cases where they did Euro-sci-fi right in a Hollywood film.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.