News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:16:46 PM
Although, I will admit that it's a tough call between a 1990 Sharon Stone and a 2012 Kate Beckinsdale.  They're both so, so naughty.

:mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gups

Quote from: garbon on April 08, 2013, 07:59:32 AM
Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2013, 07:31:05 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 10:55:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:47:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
In fairness, I told you not to watch it six months ago.  If you listened to me, you'd have spared yourself some serious pain.  But I never listen to you either. :P

Meh, I have it on while I'm playing World of Tanks.  It's pretty much background noise.

I'm deciding on whether or not to download the 8 episodes of Season 5 of Breaking Bad, since I missed it when it was on, what with catching up to Season 4 while it was broadcast.

There's no Gus but there's a lot more Mike.

A bit more cartoonish then the earlier series. There's a couple of great caper episodes.  All in all it remains the best thing on TV.

If so, please do review.  I've considered buying them, but I kinda want to wait it out as 1)I don't know where they could go after that bravura fucking ending to S4 and 2)trying to save up for the $30,000 house fahdiz said I had to buy.

Season?

Season 5 - it's streamable on Netflix over here for some reason, possibly because it's not otherwise broadcasted.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2013, 09:38:18 AM
Meh, I have my living room exactly the way I want it, and have nowhere to put a 50". 
That sucks.  I couldn't afford the 65" myself, had to go with 55".

My entertainment center is a perfect fit for a 42".
I don't think Panasonic is making decent plasma below 55", so LCD would be your option, despite being an inferior product.

At the moment though, my personal finances would probably appreciate a $499 LCD bargain binner as opposed to a $2K drop.
Well, the link I provided was for the high end model.  They have a few other good models, but I'm not sure going below 1000$ for such a tv is a wise idea.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2013, 12:19:18 PM
Plasmas are done. They are yesterday's technology, they have been far overshadowed by LCDs.
They have been overshadowed by Oled, from wich manufacturers can get better prices.
Panasonic still produces plasma for this year, but they will cut R&D for the future and focus on OLED.
Wich means plasma is perfectly adequate today.  OLED is not worth it yet.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on April 07, 2013, 07:53:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 05:56:09 PM
No, it's not 1080p,
Ewwwww

People who say that can see a difference between 720p & 1080 on a 43 at optimal range are liars.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

My cousin has a 65 inch in his bedroom. Looks absolutely ridiculous.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 08, 2013, 10:25:23 AM

Is he compensating for something?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
Here's a movie review for ya, Ide:

New version of Total Recall sucks Total Balls.
it's a very good movie and 2012 Kate Beckinsale wins hands down.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2013, 10:26:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 08, 2013, 10:25:23 AM

Is he compensating for something?

His lack of a room big enough for this huge TV set?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on April 08, 2013, 10:28:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
Here's a movie review for ya, Ide:

New version of Total Recall sucks Total Balls.
it's a very good movie and 2012 Kate Beckinsale wins hands down.

Consider yourself added.  :contract:

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2013, 08:27:42 AM
Pisses me off, because I don't like LED.  Any other fucking time, I'd drop $3,000 on a new plasma, but right now I may go the LCD route.  Ugh.  Slumming.

Times have changed.  Plasma is now a lot less expensive then LCD/LED.  I recently picked up a 60' Plasma for a song compared to the price of the other technologies.  There was a thread about it a while back.

Liep

Iron Sky. A quality B-movie. Also, that Nazi chick is HOTT.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Why are we getting another Riddick film? Ugh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Liep on April 08, 2013, 02:00:14 PM
Iron Sky. A quality B-movie. Also, that Nazi chick is HOTT.
Iron Sky sucked. 
PDH!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".