News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 11:02:08 PM
Anybody planning on watching Hannibal?  They've already managed to fuck up some of the Harris canon as it is, I'm concerned they're going to fuck it up even more by the time they're done.

Yet another CSI clone with an already establish fan base. Wooptidoo.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Anybody planning on watching Hannibal?  They've already managed to fuck up some of the Harris canon as it is, I'm concerned they're going to fuck it up even more by the time they're done.

Yeah I'll watch it, and see how it goes. Obviously, though, it will begin to stray from the canon the longer it goes on.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

The creator of Primer is coming out with another movie, Upstream Color:

Trailer

Review

That just made it to my must see list.

crazy canuck

Took in Billy Elliot (the musical) with the family.  I know I am late to this one but it was really good.  The Boy that played Billy was good but the boy that played Michael stole the show.

I was a bit surprised by the demonization of Thatcher throughout.  I thought it would be more of a background theme. 

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2013, 11:05:11 AMI was a bit surprised by the demonization of Thatcher throughout.  I thought it would be more of a background theme.

Thatcher was quite hated by wast swathes of the British working and creative classes, and Billy Elliot draws from the experience of both and is set in the relevant period. Anything but demonizing her would be staggeringly inauthentic, I would think.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: frunk on April 04, 2013, 11:01:25 AM
The creator of Primer is coming out with another movie, Upstream Color:

Trailer

Review

That just made it to my must see list.

I posted this ages ago.  Get wiff da program, yo.

Sheilbh

I'm making my flatmates watch Deadwood. I think they're enjoying it.

I am.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2013, 06:41:15 PM
I'm making my flatmates watch Deadwood. I think they're enjoying it.

I am.

Awesome show.  Shame it was so short-lived.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 04, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

Yet another CSI clone with an already establish fan base. Wooptidoo.

Why CSI of all shows?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Got done with my terrian analysis for the invasion of West Germany. Nothing else on TV and watched a movie I wouldnt normally watch these last days off. Memoirs of a Gaysha. Pretty good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Hannibal.  Surprisingly...surprising.  Ballsy production for a network.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2013, 09:58:11 PM
Hannibal.  Surprisingly...surprising.  Ballsy production for a network.
My wife watched it as well.  I was really impressed by how they were able to shoot nudity and minor gore while still staying inside the rules.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Evil Dead remake tomorrow.  Meant to rewatch the original tonight, but oops.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)