And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 09:14:42 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2013, 09:08:56 PM
Starting off the movie by killing the only loved child in the history of action movies or sci fi movies was stupid.

Really?  Gertie from E.T. got whacked in that shuttle?
:lol:
Newt is cooler at least. 
My favourite is Alien. Not least because I always felt the ending of Aliens is too positive and upbeat. It's a great action film, but I'm more into horror films so that many people surviving just doesn't sit well.

Don't 3 people and half an Android survive out of an entire platoon?  I think only one marine survives.

Also, Alien is one of my favorite films of all time.  It's the best of the series, though Aliens is damn near perfect in it's own right. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 08:59:46 PM
Besides, Michael Biehn wouldn't commit.
And had started to age incredibly poorly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 03, 2013, 09:19:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 08:59:46 PM
Besides, Michael Biehn wouldn't commit.
And had started to age incredibly poorly.

So had Newt.
Totally not Siegy fuckmeat by then.

Ed Anger

I like Alyssa Milano in Commando.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2013, 09:17:51 PM
Don't 3 people and half an Android survive out of an entire platoon?  I think only one marine survives.
Too many. It should just be Ripley, space and the aliens at the end of every film.

QuoteAlso, Alien is one of my favorite films of all time.  It's the best of the series, though Aliens is damn near perfect in it's own right.
Yeah Alien's a desert island film for me. I think it's great.

But yeah I agree Aliens is an amazing action film. It's definitely one of the best.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

This lesbian chick on Chicago Fire needs to back the fuck off with the baby fever shit.  Makes me want to use her uterus as a speed bag.

Ideologue

Naked Gun.  It's super fucking funny.  Whatever. A+
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Anybody planning on watching Hannibal?  They've already managed to fuck up some of the Harris canon as it is, I'm concerned they're going to fuck it up even more by the time they're done.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 11:02:08 PM
Anybody planning on watching Hannibal?  They've already managed to fuck up some of the Harris canon as it is, I'm concerned they're going to fuck it up even more by the time they're done.

Wait, I caught like the tail end of the audio of an advertisement for it on Youtube.  I assumed it was about Barca.  Was interested; not sure now.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

While I do love Hugh Dancy, I think I'll pass.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Was watching Manhunter the other day, so gonna check out the show as like Bryan Fuller productions too.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2013, 11:08:02 PM
Wait, I caught like the tail end of the audio of an advertisement for it on Youtube.  I assumed it was about Barca.  Was interested; not sure now.

:hmm:

Somebody should write a book about Hannibal Lecter getting thrust back in time to lead Carthage at Zama.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2013, 11:12:23 PM
Was watching Manhunter the other day, so gonna check out the show as like Bryan Fuller productions too.

Yeah, I'm a big Manhunter fan, too.  :wub:

And while most of the advanced reviews are all over the place regarding the show, they all seem to agree on two things:  the acting is superb, and Fuller has done stunning work.

Queequeg

Brian Cox and Michael Mann.   :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 11:02:08 PM
On NBC?  Pass.  Maybe if it was on cable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.