News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That's a big 10-4, rubber ducky.  His convoy just went off the fucking bridge.

FunkMonk

The look on those two dudes after the Governor did his thing  :lmfao: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Personally, I thought that was a wonderful little ending.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2013, 09:05:26 PM
Personally, I thought that was a wonderful little ending.

I agree.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (1985).  "There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand. "  "I don't understand."

Fun, absurdist road movie about the titular man-child, with good jokes and a light heart, albeit with some uncomfortable touches, like when the cop and the ex-con are both clearly thinking about fucking Pee-Wee, one imagines sans consent. :(  That aside, it's a beautiful portrayal of how an autistic asexual became a leader in his community and heeded the call of... well, not heroism, really, but achieving his dreams (?) and exacting a mild and proportional amount of revenge upon his enemies.  Wait, I might have watched Batman Begins. B
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2013, 09:19:32 PM
Wait, I might have watched Batman Begins.
:lmfao: I literally burst out laughing in the office.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Just watched a 'Who do you think you are ?' episode with Marisa Tomei; damn she's a fine looking woman, looks even prettier in Italy going around with no make-up.. :wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on March 31, 2013, 11:14:46 PM
Just watched a 'Who do you think you are ?' episode with Marisa Tomei; damn she's a fine looking woman, looks even prettier in Italy going around with no make-up.. :wub:

Crazy, Stupid, Love. MT is still a hottie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Thought it was good, but did think the Battle for the Prison was a bit anti-climactic. [spoiler]Seriously...all that talk and then a couple flash bombs and they all storm out. [/spoiler] But even worse was the notion that [spoiler]just three of them were going to go out and finish them off. If it wasn't that the governor did it for them, they'd be all dead by now.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]I don't think the idea was to kill everybody, just the governor. That would finish it off. But yeah, the battle scene didn't seem very convincing, though I suppose with all the untrained conscriptees it could happen like that. /shrug [/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

[spoiler]It played out the way I expected;  let the enemy think you've abandoned it, draw them in, and then give them a little surprise.  What surprised me was how quickly they ran, but then again they're villagers, not soldiers.

re Carl:  personally, I don't think he was out of line with ventilating the surrendering kid's head;  he didn't drop the shotgun when told, kept getting closer with it, and Carl dropped him like he was supposed to in that situation.

Drop the weapon means drop the weapon, not come closer to me with it. [/spoiler]

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]Agree, the older kid could have made a play for his gun. Letting him get too close was a definite no-no. Hard to tell if that was his intention or not.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 01, 2013, 09:43:27 AM
[spoiler]Agree, the older kid could have made a play for his gun. Letting him get too close was a definite no-no. Hard to tell if that was his intention or not.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I didn't like the look on his face, either.  You could see his wheels were turning.  I'd have have :face: him point blank, too.[/spoiler]

derspiess

I have no interest in The Walking Dead, other than reading up on the plot in Wikipedia and taunting my wife with what I know while she's watching it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall