News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Dude watch Unforgiven and Pale Rider. Both excellent.

True Grit, I like the new one better, just preference really. I would count the entry as interchanable with old/new.
I didnt think Wayne made a convicing drunk. Felt like he was forcing it too much. I feel Bridges blew him away. IMO Wayne was more at home in roles like The Searchers or The Shootist.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I like Wayne killing gooks in The Green Berets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 29, 2013, 09:21:45 PM
Made a friend watch Funny Games. He enjoyed it.

Another fine adventure film.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on March 29, 2013, 09:23:09 PM

Will do.  Not a bad deal for $3. :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

True Grit, I like the new one better, just preference really. I would count the entry as interchanable with old/new.
I didnt think Wayne made a convicing drunk. Felt like he was forcing it too much. I feel Bridges blew him away. IMO Wayne was more at home in roles like The Searchers or The Shootist.

Pale Rider was a minor dose of pooh.  And I should know, I paid to see it.

The Searchers, now that was a movie. My favorite John Wayne flick.

After The Green Berets: A Nixon Campaign Production, of course.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 09:24:14 PM

Hands down fro me in the John Wayne war category was "They Were Expendable"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 29, 2013, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 09:24:14 PM

Hands down fro me in the John Wayne war category was "They Were Expendable"

Dude. puff the magic dragon. Case closed.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2013, 09:27:42 PM

Barf

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2013, 09:27:42 PM

Pale Rider was a minor dose of pooh.  And I should know, I paid to see it.

The Searchers, now that was a movie. My favorite John Wayne flick.

I bet you hate Top Gun too.
Kinemalogue

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

As others have pointed out, that list has too many omissions and reads like some whose only been watching movies for 10-12 years.
Lots missed out, which is why it can't be 'essential'. 
Now if they'd called it 'My favourite films, a 20something's view'

Personally, you can't have an definitive/'essential'/greatest movie list, it can only be well, personal. 

I suggest each Languishite spend the next 3 hours coming up with their own favourites list.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on March 29, 2013, 09:41:03 PM
I suggest each Languishite spend the next 3 hours coming up with their own favourites list.   :D
Done :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Pass. I'll just mock everybody's selections and dig up gems from the grade D movie catalog.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 29, 2013, 09:38:04 PM
I bet you hate Top Gun too.

You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you write a movie review, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.