News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: citizen k on August 26, 2012, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 25, 2012, 12:13:19 AMThe best ... and I don't even know who the fuck that Mikey kid was, and neither do you.

Samwise Gamgee

Correct
along with Brolin.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

White Collar remains absolute fucking genius.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on August 27, 2012, 10:33:39 PM

Love that show
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I have resumed my mission of watching every episode of the X-files.  I actually like the Mythology episodes.  They are decent thrillers.  I've seen my first really shit episode though.  Something with vampires.  I hate vampires.  I think even if I liked Vampires this episode would have been shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Scipio on August 27, 2012, 10:33:39 PM

meh.. I liked it much better when we were constantly in doubt about if caffrey was a crook or not. As soon as Burke trusts him it ceased to be a show about a con man and a g-man fighting crime and immorality, it became a soap opera about a secret that must be kept.

Season 1 brilliant
Season 2 ok, but show me something interesting
Season 3 wtf

btw, TAT still makes me horny.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

It's a watchable show, but hardly genius. Caffrey escapes the predicaments he gets into a bit too easily and the dialogue is so-so. For instance, in the episode I just watched he utilized the phrase "I know how hard it is to..."  followed by a paraphrase that makes the situation applicable to both parties. :rolleyes: That cliche is really starting to annoy me for some reason.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on August 28, 2012, 12:03:04 AM
I have resumed my mission of watching every episode of the X-files.  I actually like the Mythology episodes.  They are decent thrillers.  I've seen my first really shit episode though.  Something with vampires.  I hate vampires.  I think even if I liked Vampires this episode would have been shit.
The vampire episode was one o fthe best ever. The runaway RV scene alone was gold.

I didn't care for the mythology. It just seemed to get in the way of things.
PDH!

Josephus

Each season has at least one, possibly two, duds. But for me the series was all about the mythology episodes. I tolerated the tongue-in cheek ones as well. The rest are ho-hum.
One of my ave episodes, if you've gotten to it, is the one where Cancer Man looks back at this life.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57987

QuoteToday we received confirmation via a Deadline Hollywood exclusive that Whedon will co-write that series' pilot with his "Dr. Horrible"/"Dollhouse" team – and looks likely to direct that pilot as well.

The name of the pilot is "S.H.I.E.L.D.," which is also the name of the organization run by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) that actually assembled The Avengers in the movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

This show will go no where and then be cancelled just as it hits its stride.
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2012, 03:05:46 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57987

QuoteToday we received confirmation via a Deadline Hollywood exclusive that Whedon will co-write that series' pilot with his "Dr. Horrible"/"Dollhouse" team – and looks likely to direct that pilot as well.

The name of the pilot is "S.H.I.E.L.D.," which is also the name of the organization run by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) that actually assembled The Avengers in the movie.

SHIELD TV show, Avengers 2 and Avengers TV ... it's like Marvel is doing to Whedon what DC seems to be doing with Chris Nolan.

I predict it will all crash and burn. Too much power in too few hands cannot lead to any good.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 28, 2012, 06:51:25 AM
The vampire episode was one o fthe best ever. The runaway RV scene alone was gold.

I didn't care for the mythology. It just seemed to get in the way of things.

Eh, this must have been a different one.  There was no runaway RV in this one.  This one only had Mulder in it, and he gets on with some annoying vampire broad.  I dunno, the whole thing was a bit confusing.  There was a long scene in some night club, where you would be well within your rights to punch everyone there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Ah. Well watch the otehr vampire one then. 
PDH!

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2012, 06:33:25 AM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

Dollhouse was a very good show.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on August 29, 2012, 11:02:21 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2012, 06:33:25 AM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

Dollhouse was a very good show.

A programmable elisha dushku ready and willing to serve all my perverted needs? wtf how could I say no. She's the greatest thing to come out of Albania since Skanderbeg.