And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 18, 2012, 12:43:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2012, 12:40:40 AM
Oh man, Clint Eastwood's Firefox is on Encore.  Talk about a Cold War star-spangled jizzfest before its time.

Watched in through their On Demand last week :D

What a great movie, and with all your favorite '80s baddies...Kenneth Colley, Klaus Löwitsch, Eugene Lipinksi, Wolf Kahler, and my all-time personal fave-rave Russkie, Stefan Schnabel.
The only one missing would've been Steven Berkoff, making it a complete flush.

"Aye yam speakink to the individual who hass stolen thee property of thee You. Ess. Ess. Are."

Syt

Also, parts of it were filmed in Vienna. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

QuoteTwo new writer/producers will take over as showrunners on Community, NBC's cult hit that attracted a wave of publicity this spring when word of a feud between Creator Dan Harmon and star Chevy Chase went public.

David Guarascio and Moses Port — best known for their work on Aliens in America and Just Shoot Me — will take over on the comedy that just received a 13-episode pickup by NBC for a fourth season. Harmon will remain on the show as a consulting producer.

In April, Harmon (pictured, left) issued an apology via his Tumblr for publicly playing a profanity-laced voicemail from Chase. Their feud supposedly began during the shooting of the comedy's final episode, when Chase left the set following a dispute over dialogue. At the wrap party, Harmon reportedly tried to lead the crowd in a nasty chant against Chase, whose wife and daughter were present. That prompted Chase's R-rated phone call.

Community will move to Fridays this fall.  While talking to reporters about the fall schedule last week, NBC Entertainment President Bob Greenblatt said there were "conversations happening" regarding Harmon and whether he would remain the top writer-producer on the series. "I expect Dan's voice to be a part of the show somehow, I'm just not sure if that means he's running it day-to-day or consulting on it," Greenblatt said.

:lmfao:

Fridays? DEAD SHOW WALKING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Hopefully some cable channel will pick it up when NBC's done. :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2012, 06:39:32 AM
QuoteTwo new writer/producers will take over as showrunners on Community, NBC's cult hit that attracted a wave of publicity this spring when word of a feud between Creator Dan Harmon and star Chevy Chase went public.

David Guarascio and Moses Port — best known for their work on Aliens in America and Just Shoot Me — will take over on the comedy that just received a 13-episode pickup by NBC for a fourth season. Harmon will remain on the show as a consulting producer.

In April, Harmon (pictured, left) issued an apology via his Tumblr for publicly playing a profanity-laced voicemail from Chase. Their feud supposedly began during the shooting of the comedy's final episode, when Chase left the set following a dispute over dialogue. At the wrap party, Harmon reportedly tried to lead the crowd in a nasty chant against Chase, whose wife and daughter were present. That prompted Chase's R-rated phone call.

Community will move to Fridays this fall.  While talking to reporters about the fall schedule last week, NBC Entertainment President Bob Greenblatt said there were "conversations happening" regarding Harmon and whether he would remain the top writer-producer on the series. "I expect Dan's voice to be a part of the show somehow, I'm just not sure if that means he's running it day-to-day or consulting on it," Greenblatt said.

:lmfao:

Fridays? DEAD SHOW WALKING

Dan Harmon the creators response to press release.

Hey did I miss anything?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Well Dan, it's a hard knock life when you're trying to put something that trends younger and hipper on network TV.  Unless you're making the same lame laugh-track format that's sold with the boomers for decades, you're going to have a pretty tough go of it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

It would also help if every Community show didn't have Abed and Troy Assburgerin' it up.

MOAR CHEVY.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2012, 01:02:59 PM
It would also help if every Community show didn't have Abed and Troy Assburgerin' it up.

MOAR CHEVY.
A good episode has a mix of everyone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

The Grey.

It was totally decent. [spoiler]Plus Alien reference.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 19, 2012, 04:29:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2012, 01:02:59 PM

MOAR CHEVY.
A good episode has a mix of everyone.

Which Mr Harmon seems to have forgotten. Hey its Abed and Troy acting all nerdy and mentally ill again.

If I want to watch assburgers in action, I'll stop ignoring Tim.

Eddie Teach

Yeah, the Troy/Abed thing has been overdone the past season.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2012, 04:40:19 PM
Which Mr Harmon seems to have forgotten. Hey its Abed and Troy acting all nerdy and mentally ill again.

If I want to watch assburgers in action, I'll stop ignoring Tim.
Some of the best episodes this season have been rather high on Pierce.  The gay one, the video game one, and the D&D from last year were pretty good.

If anybody has been getting ignored, it's Britta.

garbon

Ben Stiller is doing "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"? :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Finally saw Warrior.  Great movie.  I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2012, 10:45:24 PM
Finally saw Warrior.  Great movie.  I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.

It's OK to admit if you teared up at the end.