Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Avengers in IMAX3D

Was fun afternoon of escapism.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2012, 10:52:32 PM
Hulk (Ed Norton version)
Wait.  Do you just mean the Ed Norton movie as opposed to the terrible Ang Lee movie, or did the actually let Norton recut the movie like he wanted?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2012, 07:56:26 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2012, 10:52:32 PM
Hulk (Ed Norton version)
Wait.  Do you just mean the Ed Norton movie as opposed to the terrible Ang Lee movie, or did the actually let Norton recut the movie like he wanted?

Sorry I meant him as Hulk, don't recall whom the director of that version was.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Moneyball.

Great film. Almost made a baseball fan out of me.

Nah.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PRC

The Avengers... pretty good fun, I always go into superhero movies expecting the worst but I was pleasantly surprised.  The Hulk was awesome!

Josquius

Over the weekend I watched straight through series 7 of Peep Show for some reason.
It is great. Shame the next series isn't to be for so long,.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

In Avengers I especially liked

[spoiler]how the Hulk was an out of control monster that everyone was afraid of and attacked friend and foe alike and then BAM when the story demanded it instantly switched to being able to tell friends from enemies and even took orders. That was awesome writing. [/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 02:58:31 AM

[spoiler]how the Hulk was an out of control monster that everyone was afraid of and attacked friend and foe alike and then BAM when the story demanded it instantly switched to being able to tell friends from enemies and even took orders. That was awesome writing. [/spoiler]

I thought this was due [spoiler]to how he entered the HULK state. If he entered of his own will he was in control. However if a traumatic or violent event caused him to go HULK he wasn't in control.[/spoiler]
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2012, 03:33:17 AM

I thought this was due [spoiler]to how he entered the HULK state. If he entered of his own will he was in control. However if a traumatic or violent event caused him to go HULK he wasn't in control.[/spoiler]

Whatever floats your boat. Doesn't make much sense though.

Josquius

When The Avengers comes out I do believe I may go to the cinema for the first time this year to see it.
Some friends of mine went on holiday to Korea this week, they claim it was so they could see The Avengers early.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 03:37:48 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2012, 03:33:17 AM

Hulk's intelligence and degree of self control has always been whatever the writers needed them to be and hardly consistant, so that's pretty canonic for the movie.

viper37

because a guy flying by swinging his hammer or some dude dressed in blue spandex with an indestructible shield did make sense?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: viper37 on May 06, 2012, 12:42:41 PM
because a guy flying by swinging his hammer or some dude dressed in blue spandex with an indestructible shield did make sense?

Sure why not?

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 12:44:45 PM
Sure why not?
than the Hulk makes sense, as well as the flying carrier ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain