News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

The Hangover 2- not as bad as I'd heard. Though I couldnt remember the Chinese guy at all from the first one.
Also wheras in the first one it was fun in a dude wheres my car vein to have them uncover the night they'd had in this one....it really seems like they skipped the good film with the morning after not quite making up for it.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on April 27, 2012, 03:14:22 AM
The Hangover 2- not as bad as I'd heard. Though I couldnt remember the Chinese guy at all from the first one.
Also wheras in the first one it was fun in a dude wheres my car vein to have them uncover the night they'd had in this one....it really seems like they skipped the good film with the morning after not quite making up for it.

It's not bad.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on April 27, 2012, 03:20:44 AM

It's not bad.

It's awful.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Really enjoyed Community's parody of Law and Order; better than the Ken Burns episode. Pitch perfect.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Watched a Godzilla movie on Encore.  I don't know which one.  It was made fairly recently, 2001.  Godzilla is permanently avenging those died during WWII.  Japan is defended by three other monsters that do a lot of collateral damage and are ineffectual in actually defeating Godzilla.  Also one of the characters is a ghost.  I think, I don't know.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 27, 2012, 01:54:57 PM
Really enjoyed Community's parody of Law and Order; better than the Ken Burns episode. Pitch perfect.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 27, 2012, 04:33:07 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 27, 2012, 03:20:44 AM

It's not bad.

It's awful.

11B has it right.  It's not bad.  It's the exact same concept as the first movie, so it loses points for unoriginality to be sure, but it was still amusing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I've never seen Hangover 1 or 2.

or Dude Where's my Car.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2012, 11:45:01 PM
11B has it right.  It's not bad.  It's the exact same concept as the first movie, so it loses points for unoriginality to be sure, but it was still amusing.

I don't remember the first that well, I may have disliked it too. Schadenfreude as humor generally doesn't work for me unless it's cleverly done or the characters it happens to are particularly unlikable. Neither was the case here. The main dude was a slightly uptight everyman, watching him suffer wasn't entertaining.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 10:58:26 PM
Watched a Godzilla movie on Encore.  I don't know which one.  It was made fairly recently, 2001.  Godzilla is permanently avenging those died during WWII.  Japan is defended by three other monsters that do a lot of collateral damage and are ineffectual in actually defeating Godzilla.  Also one of the characters is a ghost.  I think, I don't know.

I think that's Tokyo SOS.  I've got it, but haven't watched it, as it looked to be one of the less interesting of the Millennium films.

If you've ever got two hours and twelve minutes to kill, Godzilla: Final Wars is worth watching.  I reviewed it a while back.  Fascinatingly awful.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on April 27, 2012, 11:49:45 PM
I've never seen Hangover 1 or 2.

or Dude Where's my Car.

Hangover 1 was very, very funny.  Very much recommend watching.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 27, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

It was pretty dumb.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I've basically stopped watching Community because I know it is gonna get cancelled. Might as well not invest my limited time to waste on it anymore.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive