Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 05:47:33 AM
2 hour premiere of Season 2 of The Killing from Sunday night:

Woof.

Richmond is FUBAR'd, Linden is in panic mode, Holder is trying to get himself out of his box, Stan is getting mobbed back up, and the level of dirt is climbing up the political ladder.  Gonna get nasty.

I thought the first hour was meh, but they got back in their groove during the second hour.

I wonder was Rosie found out, and who the hell left her backpack?

And you gotta feel for Holder. When his sponsor/dirty cop put him in his place you could see the man shrink up.

I bet you he ends up dead at some point  :(

PRC

Total Recall 2012 Trailer starring Colin Farrell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg&feature=endscreen

Will there be a scene with a 3-titted woman?

Tonitrus

Quote from: PRC on April 04, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
Total Recall 2012 Trailer starring Colin Farrell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg&feature=endscreen

So far, the only thing I see worth seeing is Jessica Biel's ass.

Eddie Teach

Martha Marcy May Marlene. It was alright. The ambiguous ending was annoying though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Rewatched Eurotrip.  Really well made movie.

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 05, 2012, 12:01:57 AM

Is Hollywood running out of ideas?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Best shot I've ever seen of Jessica Biel's ass was in that movie where Adam Sandler pretends to be a gay fireman.

Syt

Looks like they use the recall concept but not making an actual remake (with Mars and stuff)? That might actually work, though the trailer doesn't give much of an indication.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PRC

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2012, 12:53:53 AM

Looks like they use the recall concept but not making an actual remake (with Mars and stuff)? That might actually work, though the trailer doesn't give much of an indication.

Looks like it's "You... a nobody... you were able to afford a recall implant and it's totally and completely and just a memory implant, an adventurous dream you had to make you feel like you weren't always a nobody" idea.  The original had the whole recall implant was to make your forget you were an agent and you were actually a double agent kind of thing going on.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2012, 12:53:53 AM

Yeah it looks more like a cross of Total Recall and Bourne, which could work.  I liked the blurb idea and it's got a few actors who I like a lot.  So hopefully it'll be decent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Wow. Looked cool. Except for the gun battle in the recall place, that was silly.
Looks like they're doing more of a proper Total Recall, sequel to Minority Report, sort of thing.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: 11B4V on April 05, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 05, 2012, 12:01:57 AM

Is Hollywood running out of ideas?
FIlming Jessica Biel's ass isn't exactly a bad idea...
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on April 05, 2012, 03:05:04 AM
FIlming Jessica Biel's ass isn't exactly a bad idea...

Jessica's ass or Megan's body?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Haven't seen that yet, maybe I should?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 05:47:33 AM
2 hour premiere of Season 2 of The Killing from Sunday night:

Woof.

Richmond is FUBAR'd, Linden is in panic mode, Holder is trying to get himself out of his box, Stan is getting mobbed back up, and the level of dirt is climbing up the political ladder.  Gonna get nasty.

I thought the first hour was meh, but they got back in their groove during the second hour.

I wonder was Rosie found out, and who the hell left her backpack?

And you gotta feel for Holder. When his sponsor/dirty cop put him in his place you could see the man shrink up.

I bet you he ends up dead at some point  :(

Perhaps, but it looks like he's going to try to put things right.

I want to know who it was taking photos of Linden when she followed Holder's boy when he met with the Mayor's pitbull.  I'm thinking:  Feds.  They've made an appearance before. Whatever's going on, it has to be on their radar.

Anyway, Rosie was obviously fucking around with some big political fish.  I just can't believe they put Richmond in a colostomy bag and a wheelchair.  He's so tall.  :(