Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2012, 09:35:31 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2012, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2012, 08:55:23 PM
Also, how can you recognize her on sight like that? Did you actually watch Twilight!? :o

Were you already in Korea when those movies came out?
Been here since Oct '09 and don't really watch TV here.

They are very popular here, Koreans love that kind of melodrama.

As do teens and Siegy here in states.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Fact: Ashley Greene is the great white hotness.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on March 26, 2012, 09:37:53 PM
Fact: Ashley Greene is the great white hotness.

I might finally agree with you on something.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2012, 09:35:31 PM
don't really watch TV

You are familiar with movie advertising though, right? And realize there have been 4-5 of those movies made?

Also, she's been in other movies, on magazine covers, etc.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2012, 08:55:23 PMDid you actually watch Twilight!? :o
Twilight's a good film.  Surprisingly light touch and rather funny.  The dad, especially, is superb.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 26, 2012, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2012, 08:55:23 PMDid you actually watch Twilight!? :o
Twilight's a good film.  Surprisingly light touch and rather funny.  The dad, especially, is superb.

:huh: You're not serious, are you?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

I saw "The Hunger Games."  It was pretty enjoyable, though a little upsetting to see those tykes get pasted with cudgels, even if it wasn't that graphic.  But it's good to know Lenny Kravitz is still getting work.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on March 26, 2012, 10:02:11 PM

Psst he's gay.

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on March 26, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 26, 2012, 10:02:11 PM

Psst he's gay.

Ah, that explains it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on March 26, 2012, 10:06:13 PM

Well it's only way to explain liking that movie, that or being a pre-teen girl.

Sheilbh

The gay or liking Twilight? :P

Quote from: katmai on March 26, 2012, 10:08:04 PM
:lol: The book I couldn't read.  It's dreadful.  I managed ten pages and had to give up.  The film is done very well and is genuinely an okay, enjoyable film.  Good for what it is.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 26, 2012, 10:15:06 PM

:lol: The book I couldn't read.  It's dreadful.  I managed ten pages and had to give up.  The film is done very well and is genuinely an okay, enjoyable film.  Good for what it is.

Just busting your chops. ;)

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 26, 2012, 10:15:06 PM

Arguably the second and third are at least attempts at decent moviemaking, but the first... I dunno, man.  That whole production was pretty terrible.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 26, 2012, 09:19:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2012, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 26, 2012, 08:11:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2012, 01:24:48 PM
It was no Gattaca and certainly no Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Underrated film, but I wouldn't call it better than Gattaca.

I didn't call it better than Gattaca, either.  Hence the use of "it was no Gattaca".  Counselor.
Why would I crop everything but the part about Branagh's Frankenstein if I wasn't referring to your implicit comparison between Gattaca and that?  Officer. :P

I was referring to the novel.  OMG I FAILED TO UNDERLINE UTILIZING MLA OR AP STYLE NOTATION

Ideologue

You italicized the whole thing.  That's the full (alternate) name of Branagh's movie.  Maybe it was just for emphasis--"Oh thatnovel about Frankenstein."
Kinemalogue