News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: The Larch on January 31, 2012, 06:37:54 PM
I watched the newer X Men today, the one set in the 60s. I had a great time with it, the setting and brand new story fit great and I look forward to the eventual sequels. Michael Fassbender and James MacAvoy rule the screen as Magneto and Xavier respectively. And that Jennifer Lawrence girl is downright yummy.
Indeed.  I really liked it, and I also found Rose Byrne to be quite attractive.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

I've been watching The West Wing lately, good stuff.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: Liep on January 31, 2012, 08:31:10 PM
I've been watching The West Wing lately, good stuff.
It could be.  I think it lost a step when Sorkin left, and then when it turned into 'The Bartlett and CJ Show'.  Josh, Leo and Sam/Toby got pushed into a corner for a while.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

The Secret in Their Eyes.  Decent Argentine thriller.  It has a superb set-piece in a football stadium (appropriately enough).  The last quarter of the film lets it down.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Neil on January 31, 2012, 08:11:48 PM
I watched the newer X Men today, the one set in the 60s. I had a great time with it, the setting and brand new story fit great and I look forward to the eventual sequels. Michael Fassbender and James MacAvoy rule the screen as Magneto and Xavier respectively. And that Jennifer Lawrence girl is downright yummy.
Just noticed this.  She's very good.  I recommend Damages if you've not seen it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Doomsday Preppers. Hilarious.

Woman gets  truck full of food delivered at night so she can have OPSEC so people won't see the delivery. Yet is on TV. OPSEC my ass, cunt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Iffy on that first episode of Luck. We'll see where it goes.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Saw the new "The Thing film".  Very mediocre.  Lacked the pacing and intelligent characters of the '82 version.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Been watching tomorrow's Super Bowl commercials on Hulu Plus.  That way, I don't have to watch the fucking game.

Volkswagen has some cute ones, the Star Warstards will appreciate them.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2012, 07:13:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 31, 2012, 08:11:48 PM
Just noticed this.  She's very good.  I recommend Damages if you've not seen it.

Just watched X-Men First Class today. With Rose Byrne, January Jones, Annabelle Wallis and Oliver Platt, it's sort of like Who's Who in Current Television.

*Forgot Nicholas Hoult too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Tangled.  Okay Pixar-ish Disney.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

We'll Take Manhatten- Made for TV filmy thingy about the photographer David Bailey and an apparently famous New York photo shoot. I know F.A about fashion or photography or anything so it was all lost on me, though at the end they showed the actual photos and...yes...I do recognise some of them. I suppose one thing that I took from it is I quite fancy the idea of having my hair like the guy in it.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:16:24 AM
We'll Take Manhatten- Made for TV filmy thingy about the photographer David Bailey and an apparently famous New York photo shoot. I know F.A about fashion or photography or anything so it was all lost on me, though at the end they showed the actual photos and...yes...I do recognise some of them. I suppose one thing that I took from it is I quite fancy the idea of having my hair like the guy in it.

How does it compare to Friday The 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 05, 2012, 08:53:38 AM
Tangled.  Okay Pixar-ish Disney.

I thought the horse was funny.