News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 12:09:36 AM
I don't know that Spielberg is even rated all that highly in critical circles.  Well-liked, respected, yeah, but not much more than that.  Maybe back in the day.  Now he's just the guy that makes generally watchable movies.
He definitely is.  ET, the original Indies, Schindler's List are all really highly rated.  He's just not produced a great deal of worth in quite a while.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2011, 02:33:19 AM
Watched Goodfellas: always a good watch. Seen A Bronx Tale for the first time. I thought it was real good.

:yes:

Somewhat under-rated; loved the dialogue about the car door test.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 12:12:36 AM
I didn't see Munich.  I can watch Jews blowing up people I disagree with for free.

Hey, Ide I got you the dvd of that 'Invasion Earth - The Aliens Are Here' where do I sent it to in the USofA ?

It's region 0 - PAL, but all you need to do is transcode it with something like dvd shrink to watch on an American NTSC set up.  As it is it'll probably play straight on a pc.

Josquius

Source Code- Had this for ages but only just got around to watching it. Not quite what I expected. I was thinking it'd be more typically time travelly and more of a mystery rather than the weird thing with the dying guy who somehow keeps living it was. Really pretty good though.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Watched "African Cats" on the Blu ray. Disney gets Samuel L. Jackson to narrate "African Cats" very hep, those Disney folk. They didn't let him swear, though. I really wanted to hear him say "Get those Motherfucking Hyenas off the motherfucking Plain." or some such. but sadly that rifftrax was only in my head. Otherwise a nice Nature Channel diversion. Are there only Lions and Cheetahs left in Africa?

7.433 Grisly old Lions staring down Crocodiles outta 10
:p

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2011, 11:37:10 AM
Source Code- Had this for ages but only just got around to watching it. Not quite what I expected. I was thinking it'd be more typically time travelly and more of a mystery rather than the weird thing with the dying guy who somehow keeps living it was. Really pretty good though.

:yes:  I thought it was a pretty neat film.  Definitely one of the few, good flicks to have an optimistic outlook.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on December 30, 2011, 10:10:31 AM
I didn't see Munich.  I can watch Jews blowing up people I disagree with for free.

Hey, Ide I got you the dvd of that 'Invasion Earth - The Aliens Are Here' where do I sent it to in the USofA ?

It's region 0 - PAL, but all you need to do is transcode it with something like dvd shrink to watch on an American NTSC set up.  As it is it'll probably play straight on a pc.

You did? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Hey, that's real decent of you,  mongers.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2011, 02:33:19 AM
Watched Goodfellas: always a good watch. Seen A Bronx Tale for the first time. I thought it was real good.

I have a massive framed original movie poster of GoodFellas in my office, for managerial inspiration.
Bronx Tale is definitely under-appreciated.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on December 30, 2011, 12:09:52 PM
Hey, that's real decent of you,  mongers.  :)

Yeah, no joke.  I can PM an address. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 30, 2011, 10:10:31 AM

You did? :unsure:

Yes, email me an ady and I'll stick it in the post, should take 4-5 working days to x the pond.

Josephus

Heading out to watch Tinker Tailor...
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 28, 2011, 04:22:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2011, 03:41:58 PM
We Bought A Zoo

Alright. Definitely not a children's moving though. Actually somewhat depressing.

Talk about depressing?  My sister called me from the car last night after seeing Young Adult.  Said it was such a black comedy, there was no comedy.  Definitely a cringe-inducing, uncomfortable movie.

Thinking about going out to see that by myself tonight.   :weep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

I was entertained.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.