News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

After 5 minutes of Black Mirror

The Premise; A British Princess has been kidnapped by apparent terrorists who declare that they will kill her if the Prime Minister does not have sexual intercourse with a pig which is to be broadcast on all british TV stations.

I don't know if this is a serious drama or a dark comedy yet, this seems fucking epic.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Scipio on December 05, 2011, 07:49:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 07:34:23 PM
I know if somebody puts A Christmas Story in my DVD player, I'm going to throw the machine at them.
Word.  That shit is fucking terrible.  At my house at Christmas, there are only four movies: The Ref, Miracle on 34th Street (original), It's a Wonderful Life, and Scrooged.

Scrooged is a fine film.  Terribly underrated, then and--less so, but still--today.

May be my favorite Bill Murray movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Show got picked up for 2nd season for 13 episodes....only problem is have to shoot 5 episodes in Hawaii :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2011, 01:53:30 AM
Show got picked up for 2nd season for 13 episodes....only problem is have to shoot 5 episodes in Hawaii :(

You poor man.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Can't wait to see the MSNBC footage live, where they try to keep your skin moist and the blow hole unobstructed.  :P

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 01:56:58 AM

Can't wait to see the MSNBC footage live, where they try to keep your skin moist and the blow hole unobstructed.  :P

Don't be jealous, you don't do petty well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

:thumbsup: Good to hear.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

Does it have wise cracking robots?
PDH!

Berkut

I just watched the episode about the crab fisherman who got whacked by the crab pot.

I always think it is funny when you have shows like that and it is really obvious they don't have enough material to fill out the actual show, so they just repeat themselves after commercial breaks...

However, the camera work was incredibly well done. Someone should get a raise for that part at least!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Quotehe Premise; A British Princess has been kidnapped by apparent terrorists who declare that they will kill her if the Prime Minister does not have sexual intercourse with a pig which is to be broadcast on all british TV stations.

I don't know if this is a serious drama or a dark comedy yet, this seems fucking epic.
Never heard of this. Checking up- its by Charlie Brooker. :w00t:
Must watch.
That's a bad thing?
Always struck me as rather nice....
Isn't it practically a byword for a nice place even?
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

If you want I'll fill in for you for those five episodes. I don't mind.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

i hope you get badly sunburned <_< :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior is on. WIN
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Got round to seeing 'The American' - throughly enjoyed it.  :)

God I now hate George Clooney even more.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

AnchorClanker

Quote from: mongers on December 06, 2011, 05:29:45 PM
Got round to seeing 'The American' - throughly enjoyed it.  :)

God I now hate George Clooney even more.  :P

Did you see Goodnight, and Good Luck?  That's a worthwhile flick.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr