News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on November 29, 2011, 07:54:57 PM
The last two episodes of Sons of Anarchy are going to be nerve-wrecking.

Not really, no.

It's tragic, nothing else.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 30, 2011, 05:03:03 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 29, 2011, 07:54:57 PM
The last two episodes of Sons of Anarchy are going to be nerve-wrecking.

Not really, no.

It's tragic, nothing else.

Stop that! I'm three seasons behind. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Busy watching my own show that we are still here working on...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Coast Guard Alaska on Weather Channel Highest rated show on the network....granted it is the Weather Channel  :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

I'll have to see if we get that on our Weather Network.

Ideologue

Rifftrax of Plan 9 From Outer Space.  It's sort of amazing this was never on MST3K, but better late than never. :thumbsup:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Why would you want to hear people talking over Ed Wood's magnum opus?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: dps on November 29, 2011, 09:10:05 PM
Hey, Bob Newhart just showed up as a guest star on NCIS.  Dang, he looks old.

To be fair, he looked old when he was young. :D
and the horse you rode in on

Sophie Scholl

The Muppets. :thumbsup:  Very much enoyed it.  Would highly recommend to anyone who has fond memories of the show or the Muppets in general.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on November 30, 2011, 05:53:07 PM
I'll have to see if we get that on our Weather Network.

It's not. It doesn't air in Canada yet. I expect it's going to be on A&E but who knows.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 01, 2011, 03:58:31 AM
The Muppets. :thumbsup:  Very much enoyed it.  Would highly recommend to anyone who has fond memories of the show or the Muppets in general.

I have to ask, the sad mopiness that was 3/4 of the movie didn't get to you?  Yeah, when the Muppets were doing their thing it was great (the barber scene was fantastic) but most of the time the cast just mooned for the old days, or each other.

dps

Quote from: fahdiz on December 01, 2011, 03:24:09 AM
Quote from: dps on November 29, 2011, 09:10:05 PM
Hey, Bob Newhart just showed up as a guest star on NCIS.  Dang, he looks old.

To be fair, he looked old when he was young. :D

Interestingly, he's just 4 years older than David McCallum (Ducky), but he played Ducky's predecessor, who's supposed to have been retired for 12 years.  OTOH, I don't think the character of Dr. Mallard is supposed to be as old as McCallum, plus Newhart's character is supposed to be suffering from Alzheimer's, so he may have been made up to look worse than Newhart actually looks.

Malthus

Quote from: frunk on December 01, 2011, 08:33:51 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 01, 2011, 03:58:31 AM

I have to ask, the sad mopiness that was 3/4 of the movie didn't get to you?  Yeah, when the Muppets were doing their thing it was great (the barber scene was fantastic) but most of the time the cast just mooned for the old days, or each other.

What, did they have Kermit as a crack addict and Miss Piggy turning tricks to support it or something?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

Isn't the plot of the muppets the plot of Blues Brothers?

The Muppets is one of those movies that I am going to go to the movies to see and I'm going with a large group of people children, adults and elderly with a meal before and after the elderly take the kids home boozing in public. It's gonna be epic.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.