And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: frunk on November 26, 2011, 05:30:39 PM
New The Muppets movie.

You don't have to be so Fucking Mopey.  Nobody wants to see a bunch goddamn goofy pieces of felt be all depressed, but that's what we get for about an hour.  Yeah, it sucks that the Muppet Show isn't still on, but a movie about it sucking that the Muppet Show isn't on sucks even more.  It was like a manic depressive showcase.

I don't think I've ever seen a more depressing movie that didn't involve someone dying, getting an incurable disease or some other serious physical or psychological problem.

This may be up my alley.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Zoupa

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 26, 2011, 06:25:33 PM
Going to see one of my absolute favorite movies on the big screen for the first time: LE SALAIRE DE LA PEUR:frog:   :showoff:

Oh shit. That's some intense stuff man. Good luck  :hug:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on November 26, 2011, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 26, 2011, 06:25:33 PM
Going to see one of my absolute favorite movies on the big screen for the first time: LE SALAIRE DE LA PEUR:frog:   :showoff:

Oh shit. That's some intense stuff man. Good luck  :hug:

Definitely one of the more nerve wrecking movies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2011, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2011, 09:42:05 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/thedivide/

Michael Biehn is back, baby.

Cube meets Downfall? I'm in.

Speaking of Downfall...I just saw a movie. It was pretty good. Unknown
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401152/

With Liam Neeson as an American in Berlin who goes into a coma and when he wakes up he's not quite sure who he is...and no one recognizes him.

Well what does that have to do with Downfall? Other than that it's in Berlin? well there's this old guy who used to be a Stasi agent and it took me a while to recognize him, but it' s the guy who plays Hitler in that movie, made famous by all those youtube memes.

Anyways...decent thriller....7 Hitler memes out of 10.

Oh, and a good chunk of that movie was set at the famed Adlon Hotel, where I actually spent two nights during a trip to Berlin some five years ago.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

I'm enjoying the 'Liam Neeson destroys Europe' series.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on November 27, 2011, 09:37:12 AM

Yeah, that seems to be his thing lately.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

What's not to enjoy?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2011, 12:55:59 PM
What's not to enjoy?
January Jones isn't much of an actress, but she does the whole 'vapid and mysterious' thing in this movie rather well.  And she's good to look at.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on November 27, 2011, 02:00:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2011, 12:55:59 PM
What's not to enjoy?
January Jones isn't much of an actress, but she does the whole 'vapid and mysterious' thing in this movie rather well.  And she's good to look at.

I removed the irrelevant parts of your post.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

It's irrelevant to know what person we're saying is worth looking at?  OK.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on November 27, 2011, 03:17:07 PM
It's irrelevant to know what person we're saying is worth looking at?  OK.

I'll agree, including her name might be relevant.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Finally saw the ending of The Orient Express.  What a shocker!

It was the 1974 version with Albert Finney in the lead.  Pretty good job, especially with the body language, but he had an unfortunate tendency to swap his French accent for a German one during the more heated scenes.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2011, 04:18:01 PM
Finally saw the ending of The Orient Express.  What a shocker!

It was the 1974 version with Albert Finney in the lead.  Pretty good job, especially with the body language, but he had an unfortunate tendency to swap his French accent for a German one during the more heated scenes.

hmm.. shall I reveal the ending of "The Mousetrap" as well?