News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 15, 2021, 10:17:01 PM
I quit about 5 minutes in. Not interested in sitcoms, especially broad ones.

It is not a sitcom, there is something else going on....

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2021, 11:43:31 PM
Bewitched?  Beverley Hillbillies?  The Dick Van Dyke Show?   What are we talking about?

First episode (there's a second available, haven't watched it) is definitely a mix of Dick Van Dyke plus Bewitched.  No Beverly Hillbillies references I could see.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

I found it oddly charming. I'm Fine with the slow burn, too. The episodes are sitcom-length anyway.

garbon

With episode 2 feels like a dash of Pleasantville.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I liked ep 1 of wandavision. I wanted to shout "Pennymoore!"... But yeahhh....hope there's a bit more development or else that's just...
Bizzare.

QuoteMy kids though didn't really know what the hell to make of it, having zero concept of what even a sitcom is.
:shock:
I can expect modern kids growing up with cable and/or streaming TV to not see many repeats of Bewitched and the like but they've never seen more modern sitcoms?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The second episode is more open about "there's something weird going on". I'm curious about the answer - since they are leaving a lot of loose ends that I assume will have to be tied up (like what was the real reason that day was marked on their calendar).

Incidentally, I thought both Olsen and Bettany are great in these two eps. They both do bubbling charm really well, and otherwise it could certainly be a bit grating.

mongers

'IO' - OK, if a tad predictable.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Anyone dared watch Michael Bays latest yet?
A glorious looking post apocalyptic romp set in the aftermath of covid 23 :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2021, 11:43:31 PM
Bewitched?  Beverley Hillbillies?  The Dick Van Dyke Show?   What are we talking about?
Donna Reed and Bewitched.

I like it. The creepy subtext being that something is seriously wrong works.
PDH!

The Brain

Finished Boardwalk Empire. Very good show, I liked it a lot. The flashbacks in S5 however didn't [spoiler]add any new information about the characters or the plot, so they're essentially filler. We already heard the story. If the flashbacks had differed from what we heard in earlier seasons then they would have had a point.[/spoiler] Also, they should have kept the sexy level of S1 throughout.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Cop Land. Rocky is a sheriff in Joysey, and discovers that the hardest fight is with the boys in blue. I've always heard good things about this movie, and I think it is very nice. A weakness is that Stallone isn't great for subtle face acting (yeah I know he's got a better excuse than some actors), but OTOH it's nice to see him do some stuff that's different from his most famous roles. The chick is hot.

The Brain

Cursed. A werewolf terrorizes the good people of Los Angeles. Not essential viewing.

Eddie Teach

I can't think of any essential viewing with werewolves in it.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 17, 2021, 05:03:39 PM

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 17, 2021, 05:03:39 PM

An American Werewolf in London!  :mad: