News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2020, 05:29:36 AM
I got to the breakfast scene in Cobra.  Pretty funny.

The TV show or the movie?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Girl girl front wedgie!  That's hard core man.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2020, 06:09:57 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 05, 2020, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2020, 04:40:32 AM
I wonder how this live-action Mulan thing will work. Will parents make a big push to pay £20 on Disney+ to buy that film?

And apparently it'll just be available to everyone with Disney+ from December?
they may subscribe for a free month.  or ask a generous uncle to grab it for somewhere and invite his nieces to watch it? ;)

It wouldn't be included in free month though. You have to have disney+ and then can pay the £20.
I read France can see Mulan for free with their Disney+ subscription, I thought it was everywhere like this:
Link in french

QuoteContrairement au reste du monde qui découvrira le film de Niki Caro dès le 4 septembre moyennant un coup de 30 dollars ou 22€ en Europe, le public français devra attendre le 4 décembre pour découvrir le remake du film d'animation. Mais, bonne nouvelle, les abonnés à Disney+ en France n'auront pas à payer un supplément au coût de leur abonnement.
Short summary: Everywhere in the world people can see Mulan on Sept 4th for 30$/22GBP and France will have to wait in December 4th to discover the remake.  But good news, Disney's France's subscribers will not have to pay a supplement to their subscription fee.

So, it really is only for France.  My bad then. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2020, 02:43:42 AM
Trolls 2...even the name makes me shudder. The trailer just looked like the absolute worst thing ever even as kids films go.
My goddaughter wants to see this.  But they made the heavy metal Troll the bad guys of the movie :(  Shit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Tony Larusso made so much money he bought the Hotel California house.  :)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Shit.  Danny Larusso.  The Karate Kid.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on September 07, 2020, 02:46:27 PM
Trolls 2...even the name makes me shudder. The trailer just looked like the absolute worst thing ever even as kids films go.
My goddaughter wants to see this.  But they made the heavy metal Troll the bad guys of the movie :(  Shit.

Just being realistic. 😄

(Runs, hides, etc.)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Don't worry - they are redeemed by the end of the movie.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2020, 05:29:36 AM
I got to the breakfast scene in Cobra.  Pretty funny.

That might be the highlight of the show for me.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2020, 10:03:15 AM

Sellouts  :mad:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2020, 10:03:15 AM

SPOILERS!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Galadriel isn't safe on her throne, and war with Spaindor looms. Not horrible, but not as good as the first movie. There's a LOT of stirring music and sweeping cameras, so at least you're told when to feel.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Upgrade (2018)

Interesting and well done. And it's on Netflix so watch it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on September 08, 2020, 03:53:14 PM
Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Galadriel isn't safe on her throne, and war with Spaindor looms. Not horrible, but not as good as the first movie. There's a LOT of stirring music and sweeping cameras, so at least you're told when to feel.

It had a lot of scenes with the swimming horse, so you must have enjoyed it at least a little.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!