Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 28, 2018, 08:59:45 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2018, 02:47:14 PM
3's pretty good too.

Except for all the time the teenage daughter is on screen.

Oh god, yes. Forgot about her.

Indeed. :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Just finally saw that Jessica Jones is back on March 8th! :punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

The Frankenstein Chronicles is now on Netflix.  Its an interesting mix of Gothic horror and murder mystery.  Worth a watch.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2018, 09:55:19 AM
Just finally saw that Jessica Jones is back on March 8th! :punk:

Yeah, can't wait. Season 1 was comfortably my favorite superhero TV, and one of my favorite superhero-anythings.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on February 28, 2018, 11:01:20 AM
Yeah, can't wait. Season 1 was comfortably my favorite superhero TV, and one of my favorite superhero-anythings.

Second favorite SHTV show for me, after Legion.  Still very good.

Eddie Teach

I'm watching The Punisher, which is refreshingly devoid of superheroes.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 28, 2018, 10:46:31 AM
The Frankenstein Chronicles is now on Netflix.  Its an interesting mix of Gothic horror and murder mystery.  Worth a watch.
I liked the nods to Sharpe in the series (well, season 1).  I'm interested to see where they go for the new Netflix sponsored Season 2.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 28, 2018, 01:37:09 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 28, 2018, 10:46:31 AM
I liked the nods to Sharpe in the series (well, season 1).  I'm interested to see where they go for the new Netflix sponsored Season 2.

Yeah, I thought that was well done.  Season 2 starts out with a very different feel to it - given the ending of season 1.  But if you liked season 1 you will like season 2 - just stick with it  :)

The Brain

Just finished National Treasure (UK miniseries). It's very different from the American Nicolas Cage movie, I liked this one a lot more. Understated drama with some subtlety, and it has Tim McInnerny :wub:.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

I just saw "Darkest Hour". I liked it. If true to Churchill, I didn't realize how unsure he was at first. With all his speeches and strength of will I think I kind of assumed he was that way from the start. Good movie, Gary Oldman did a fantastic job!
Hmm, so did the real Churchill at the time also.  :)

Eddie Teach

I'm a bit skeptical he was ready to throw in the towel until a subway ride convinced him otherwise.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on February 28, 2018, 06:06:05 PM
Just finished National Treasure (UK miniseries). It's very different from the American Nicolas Cage movie, I liked this one a lot more. Understated drama with some subtlety, and it has Tim McInnerny :wub:.

Yeah it was good and very timely with all the #metoo stuff
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 28, 2018, 07:46:07 PM
I'm a bit skeptical he was ready to throw in the towel until a subway ride convinced him otherwise.

That made up scene was the worst part. Gag worthy.

Valmy

Yeah as far as I know Winston loved every second of 1940 because he was a weird weird guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 28, 2018, 07:46:07 PM

I took that as showing that he spoke to people on a wider basis and/or understood the mood of the people. The way it was shown in the movie was probably more of a film depiction for emotional effect. Also, the King giving him support in fighting on was a huge factor.