News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

First episode of the new series of better call Saul.... And I'm confused already.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2017, 01:17:46 AM
First episode of the new series of better call Saul.... And I'm confused already.

How so?

The only thing they kinda left open was how his brother is going to use the recording against him (the rest being just developing the plot arc a little further along).

And I'll say, the opener demonstrated again how the Ehrmantraut plot line/character totally, subtly steals the show.  Without him, Better Call Saul likely wouldn't have gotten past S1.  (or, at least, be far, far less interesting of a show)

Josquius

What Hermantrout was doing for 5 minutes to the car.
Maybe I dozed off too much at the end and things came together wonderfully with the bits he had removed?
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2017, 02:07:46 AM
What Hermantrout was doing for 5 minutes to the car.
Maybe I dozed off too much at the end and things came together wonderfully with the bits he had removed?

He was...[spoiler] looking for the bug/tracker that he assumed was put on it.  Ultimately finding it inside the gas cap.  And the rest you know...researching the type of tracker, buying his own, spoofing it, making them think the battery ran out to draw them in.  The "them" is presumably going to turn out to be Gustavo Fring's boys. [/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Chinatown.

Didn't care for it. (/cue CdM nostalgic outrage)

celedhring

It's an amazing movie, though.

Admiral Yi

I don't get it either.  Except the nose snip scene.  Great scene.

celedhring

I have watched it probably over a dozen of times and I never get tired of it. Such a perfect script. For a screenwriter it's like being in presence of the Divine.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 05:01:39 PM
Chinatown.

Didn't care for it. (/cue CdM nostalgic outrage)

Meh, not really...You've seen it once, you've seen it.  It is a magnificent screenplay, though.

Tonitrus

Maybe my biggest problem is that the ending is such a major downer, even for a noir.  Makes Russian films look cheery by comparison.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 07:05:53 PM
Maybe my biggest problem is that the ending is such a major downer, even for a noir.  Makes Russian films look cheery by comparison.

Well, it is about water politics in California.  Doesn't get much more darker than that.

Liep

The Last Jedi teaser was very limited. but the poster was cool.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Chinatown.

Didn't care for it. (/cue cinephile nostalgic outrage)

Fixed!

celedhring

Started watching Suits. I thought it was okay, fun dialogue and characters, but it didn't really grab me. My boss thinks it's the shit though, so I guess I'll watch a few more.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 14, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
Chinatown.

Didn't care for it. (/cue cinephile nostalgic outrage)

Fixed!

That whole "plot twist" reveal scene was just so hokey.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?