News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Okay not as good. I thought that twitter one was clever as it basically [spoiler]replicated the movie.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Man, I obviously want to get pedantic with that cartoon, but it's pretty excellent.

Pity it didn't win.  Of the nominees I saw (which includes the actual winner), it was the best.  Moonlight is good, though.  Better it than Arrival, I suppose, not that Arrival ever really had the slightest chance.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

Can anyone speak to OJ: Made in America? Is it really as good as they say it is? The thing is 8 hours long and I don't want to make a time commitment to something overrated.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 27, 2017, 10:07:50 AM
Can anyone speak to OJ: Made in America? Is it really as good as they say it is? The thing is 8 hours long and I don't want to make a time commitment to something overrated.

I believe cel posted he was watching it and liked it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

mongers

Not sure why the BBC thinks this oscar mix up should be the main item on it's national news programmes; how many people lives were seriously affected by that envelope mess up?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2017, 10:09:41 AM

No, I was watching American Crime Story.

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on February 27, 2017, 10:19:39 AM
Not sure why the BBC thinks this oscar mix up should be the main item on it's national news programmes; how many people lives were seriously affected by that envelope mess up?

It's been the main story in a lot of Spanish media. At the end of the day, people still love this kind of stuff.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on February 27, 2017, 11:01:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2017, 10:09:41 AM

No, I was watching American Crime Story.

Oh sorry. -_-

Barrister

Took the boys to see LEGO Batman Movie.  It was fun.  Fair number of obscure pop culture references had me googling afterwards (was Condiment King really a Batman villain?  Yup!).  I felt like the second act could have been tightened up a fair bit for a kids movie (although checking now it says running time was 90 minutes).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Amy Adams was quite the looker at the Oscars last night, that's for sure

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2017, 11:17:36 AM
Took the boys to see LEGO Batman Movie.  It was fun.  Fair number of obscure pop culture references had me googling afterwards (was Condiment King really a Batman villain?  Yup!).  I felt like the second act could have been tightened up a fair bit for a kids movie (although checking now it says running time was 90 minutes).

IMDB has it at 104.  It's definitely not 90 minutes.  It should be 90 minutes, but that's a different thing. -_-

(Oddly, Google says 129, which is just idiotic.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Inferno. Haven't read the book, but this made no sense.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on February 27, 2017, 04:10:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2017, 11:17:36 AM

IMDB has it at 104.  It's definitely not 90 minutes.  It should be 90 minutes, but that's a different thing. -_-

(Oddly, Google says 129, which is just idiotic.)

It felt like two hours, but that might have been including trailers.

I feel like the movie missed an opportunity though.  Ralph Fiennes voiced Alfred the butler.  As part of Joker's fiendish plot he unleashes all of the villains from the Phantom Zone - which are villains from any number of tv and movie series.  There's King Kong, Sauron, the Daleks, Gremlins, the Wicked Witch of the East... and one of the villains that gets more than his share of screen time is Lord Voldemort.

But they had some other dude voice Voldemort.  Surely they could have worked in some sort of scene where Alfred (Fiennes) has a confrontation with Voldemort (also voiced by Fiennes), and worked in some sort of gag. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

How is King Kong a villain?  :huh: