TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

SUPPOSED TO BE TIED AT THE LACES DAMMIT

Smelled like new rubber.  :x

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
Working my way through the intern.  Nothing left to watch on HBOGO and I need something on while I lift.

This movie is written for 12 year olds.  Hey, let's bond by setting up your Facebook profile together while eating pizza!

Bad from beginning to end.

LaCroix

I had the intern on in the background yesterday (hbo now). looked at the TV during the facebook scene because it almost sounded like they were leading up to fucking  :D

celedhring

Silence - almost 3 hours of Japanese trying to physically and psychologically torture a Catholic priest into apostasy,  in XVII century Japan.

I suppose that if I gave more of a fuck about religion I would've found the faith elements and conflicts more engaging, although at the end of it all is a story about what it takes to break one's spirit in front of tyranny. Still, a bit boring despite the fact that Scorsese is as masterful as usual. Garfield seemed grossly miscast.

Surprised this hasn't made more of a splash among the WE ARE BEING PERSECUTED christian hysterical crowd, though. I suppose Scorsese doesn't have cred around that flock.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on January 23, 2017, 03:34:50 AM
Surprised this hasn't made more of a splash among the WE ARE BEING PERSECUTED christian hysterical crowd, though. I suppose Scorsese doesn't have cred around that flock.

Neither do Catholics.  They don't count.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2017, 06:37:02 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 23, 2017, 03:34:50 AM

Neither do Catholics.  They don't count.

Yep, that was my thought. Jesuits? Worse than heathens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Speaking of blasphemy, really loving the Young Pope
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on January 23, 2017, 09:59:17 AM
Speaking of blasphemy, really loving the Young Pope

Yes, it's very good.

celedhring

I hope they saved up creativity for the actual film...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on January 23, 2017, 07:05:17 AM
Yep, that was my thought. Jesuits? Worse than heathens.

Jesuits are awesome. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Huge potheads in my experience.

The Brain

Wasn't Bob Rock in The Loyolas?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

The Oscar nominations are in and Amy Adams isn't nominated. I already read that Johann Johannsson wouldn't be nominated, but I still don't get it.

But then, Arrival is the only Best Picture nominee that I've seen. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

14 Oscar noms for La La Land, all time best tied with Titanic and All About Eve.