Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2016, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2016, 03:00:50 PM
Westworld starts tonight.

What is it about? I saw ads on my HBO GO.

It's about Westworld, you fruity backwater polock.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2016, 03:25:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2016, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2016, 03:00:50 PM
Westworld starts tonight.

What is it about? I saw ads on my HBO GO.

It's about Westworld, you fruity backwater polock.

What is Westworld.....fucking Google is your friend Marty.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

So is science fiction popular culture since the 1970s.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2016, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

So is science fiction popular culture since the 1970s.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

I guess the old movie didn't get much airtime in Poland before the fall of the commies.  It was on the Spanish telly all the time when I was a kid.

Robot Yul Brynner was awesomely menacing,  who is supposed to play that part?

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Really gotta see this now.

11B4V

11B4V

Black hole sun on the piano.

CountDeMoney

I'm curious how exactly they're going to carry this concept for a season.

Needs more [spoiler]researcher-on-robot chick kissing[/spoiler], though.

CountDeMoney

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Think I mentioned I'm binging Rome.

When priestly types talk woggish during a funeral or something, is that a historical reference?  Did Rome have a liturgical language other than Latin?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
Think I mentioned I'm binging Rome.

When priestly types talk woggish during a funeral or something, is that a historical reference?  Did Rome have a liturgical language other than Latin?

Possibly Etruscan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017