News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

My son asked me if Jar Jar Binks was retarded.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2016, 07:04:03 PM

And did you tell him we don't use that term anymore?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

I wish the fan theory that he was a with lord was true
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2016, 10:00:09 PM

I prefer to use the word slow. Specifically the French word.  Makes  me sound more worldly.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2016, 03:03:47 PM
So, I went on and fired up old Arrested Development episodes tonight, and I had a real shock when I realized that Lucille is Mallory Archer.  :lol:

They're basically the same character. :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2016, 10:00:09 PM

We were too busy laughing.

Ed Anger

Watched Fury Road again. Still mediocre but Joe is the hero of the film, while Max and the one arm chick are the villians.

Savonarola

CB and I watched a documentary on Sly and the Family Stone.  I think of Sly as the epitome of rock star Babylon; but the documentary didn't turn out like a Dave Chappelle sketch.  Today Sly lives in a van and is still battling substance abuse problems.  They interviewed Sly and he kept on breaking out humming music.  It was hard to watch and such a waste of a musical genius.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

lustindarkness

Watched London has Fallen, not as "good" as Olympus has Fallen but entertained me enough for a while.

The only scene I felt any feels was when I heard the air raid sirens. I guess I just hope those sirens are never heard in London again? Weird right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2016, 08:35:28 PM
Watched Fury Road again. Still mediocre but Joe is the hero of the film, while Max and the one arm chick are the villians.

Why would you watch a movie again that you dislike? Surely your few remaining years are more precious than that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

For those of you that haven't seen The Onion's review of Sully, I strongly recommend it.

http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/the-onion-reviews-sully-4370

Never forget.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2016, 06:44:09 PM
For those of you that haven't seen The Onion's review of Sully, I strongly recommend it.

http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/the-onion-reviews-sully-4370

Never forget.

I got some for geese....12ga.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

The new teaser trailer for Dr Strange is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xoxeCWpZyU

I feel like Timmy.  :w00t:

Liep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY

The new Thor is made by the same guy who did What We Do in the Shadows and it shows in this short. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on September 28, 2016, 12:34:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY

The new Thor is made by the same guy who did What We Do in the Shadows and it shows in this short. :lol:

I really hope it's more like Waititi's solo feature debut, Hunt For the Wilderpeople; namely, that Sam Neill is in it in some capacity. :)  (ETA: and he is!  That's fun.)

Apparently only I, my girlfriend, and about five other people actually saw Wilderpeople, though. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)