News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on September 21, 2016, 12:52:05 PM
In the least shocking news of the day, Disney's CEO has just confirmed they will keep pumping Star Wars movies after they finish the current saga+3 standalones in 2020.

The cow must be milked.

So far I'm liking it all though. Same with the new Star Trek movies. Keep them coming.  :)

celedhring

Quote from: KRonn on September 21, 2016, 01:08:08 PM
In the least shocking news of the day, Disney's CEO has just confirmed they will keep pumping Star Wars movies after they finish the current saga+3 standalones in 2020.

The cow must be milked.

So far I'm liking it all though. Same with the new Star Trek movies. Keep them coming.  :)

There's only been one movie released though! Jury's still out on my part.

It seems to me the new Star Trek movies are dead after the last one failed at the box office.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 21, 2016, 01:05:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2016, 12:58:39 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 21, 2016, 12:56:32 PM
You couldn't make that shit up.  :lol:

Well presumably someone could. It was a movie, no? :unsure:

Feeling awfully literal today?  :hmm:

I'm keeping my hands to myself. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on September 21, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
It seems to me the new Star Trek movies are dead after the last one failed at the box office.

Pity. I thought Beyond was pretty good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2016, 01:21:18 PM
Quote from: celedhring on September 21, 2016, 01:09:40 PM

Pity. I thought Beyond was pretty good.

I haven't seen it, but most people I know seem to agree with you. Into Darkness was pretty awful so I gave this one a skip. Will pick it up on video.

viper37

The cow must be milked.
Not a big surprise.  They keep talking of that TV series they want to do, to.  I'm intrigued.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on September 21, 2016, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
At least they are movies in an IP I'm interested in...

I think that Disney is up to the challenge of making us sick of Star Wars.

I didn't hate the last movie, but there are many ways it could have been better.  A bit more originality wouldn't have hurt.  I hope the next movies will be better.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 21, 2016, 03:46:14 AM
Hollywood's creepy age gap phenomenon  :hmm:

Bradley Cooper, you magnificent bastard.

Admiral Yi

Josh Hutcherson, you da man.

celedhring

Watching A Story of Violence. Good thriller, but it's kinda weird to see a Viggo Mortensen flick with a Howard Shore soundtrack playing on the background, it's like Aragorn fled Middle Earth and now runs a diner in Indiana.  :hmm:

Also, Maria Bello is uber-MILFish in this.

lustindarkness

A Story of Violence is a good movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

The Magnificent Seven, comes out this weekend I believe. A remake of an old western right? Should I watch the original and ruin the new one for myself? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 21, 2016, 04:11:18 PM
The Magnificent Seven, comes out this weekend I believe. A remake of an old western right? Should I watch the original and ruin the new one for myself? :unsure:

IIRC they only take the very basic premise of the movie (a town hires some gunslingers to protect themselves from a band of outlaws), which is pretty generic anyway.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 21, 2016, 04:11:18 PM

Watch Seven Samurai, the original original.

Syt

Watch also the Clone Wars episode "Bounty Hunters" which is a Star Wars remake of the Japanese original.

Recommended viewing order: Seven Samurai (ideally the 207 minute cut), Magnificent Seven, Bounty Hunters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.