News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2011, 08:24:12 PM
NBC renewed Community. Which will give me another year of Pierce Hawthorne references.

I'm glad to see that you've taken a liking to it.  ;)

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2011, 08:49:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2011, 08:24:12 PM
NBC renewed Community. Which will give me another year of Pierce Hawthorne references.

I'm glad to see that you've taken a liking to it.  ;)

Always have.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on March 18, 2011, 07:16:50 AM
Syfy would never pick V up. They're getting so trigger happy themselves these days cancelling all thier own shows, Stargate, Caprica, etc, the minute ratings slip.
Has Syfy ever produced anything that wasn't unrelentingly bad?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on March 18, 2011, 08:23:52 AM
SG-1 has ran its course and none of hte main actors would probably return; I would like to see Atlantis return, though; always felt that was unfairly cancelled.

I didn't say a return. I said a reboot.

All new actors, all new players.

My vision is you start right now John Chricton(no Ben "the curse" Browder) & crew discovering the gate, for the FIRST time, in 2011-2012 in Antartica with the DHD. Total Retcon. No more Jackson, no more Abidos. Ra is still alive & he's the Big bad guy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on March 18, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 18, 2011, 07:16:50 AM
Syfy would never pick V up. They're getting so trigger happy themselves these days cancelling all thier own shows, Stargate, Caprica, etc, the minute ratings slip.
Has Syfy ever produced anything that wasn't unrelentingly bad?

Hey, you dissing Sharktopus?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2011, 08:03:21 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2011, 03:24:02 PM
Well, the V season (series?) finale got interesting last night.  Hope it comes back for at least one more season.
Yeah, I can't help but think though that it was a 'oh shit, looks like we're going to be cancelled, quick, throw out all the cool stuff we planned for in the future!' episode...hope now.

Hope is futile. ABC is going to ditch that turd.
Based on the last series as a whole this bothers me little.
But the finale looks like it might have had something in it. I'd really love for them to do a third and final wham, bam, cram three series of cool stuff into one and get the story finished, series.

So V has been doing poorly over in the US ratings? I'd have thought its crappy religious nonsense would play well with large parts of the population.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

I'd frankly abandon any hope for it.

And no, religious people don't watch bad geek shows.

katmai

But do geeks watch bad religious shows?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 18, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
But do geeks watch bad religious shows?

Do the last seasons of Walker Texas Ranger count?

Ed Anger

And watch ABC renew that turd and ruin my mocking of V fans.  :mad:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 18, 2011, 08:39:58 AM
I didn't give a damn about Atlantis, and SG-1 lost its magic when Macguyver left.  He was the only one willing to say how lame some of the props and plots were, adn that's why he made teh show.

Seriously.  I like Ben Browder, but for the last season to season and a half, life support was all that was keeping it together.  I tried, briefly, to watch Atlantis, but I couldn't muster up any enthusiasm for it.  Never bothered with what's-it-called, the other spinoff.
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2011, 01:40:43 PM
No more Jackson, no more Abidos. Ra is still alive & he's the Big bad guy.
that's more than a retcon, it's a new series with some travel through a gate :P

SG-1 was good because it started from the events of the movie and build upon it.
SGA was more action oriented, better in some ways, but worst in others (originality was never the strong point of this series, but it seems every sci-fi shows deal with the same theme at some point or another: super fast aging, time travel, deadly virus, doomsday machine threatening to destroy the world, etc, etc, etc.)

SGU was simply boring.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

A buddy of mine spent a flight from California sitting next to Aaron "Chief" Douglas from BSG;  he said if you ever wanted a screenplay to die a cut-up, over-edited and rewritten death that'll have no audience after 10 minutes, sell it to SyFy.  Apparently, he wasn't a big fan of the channel studio bosses.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2011, 06:51:41 PM
A buddy of mine spent a flight from California sitting next to Aaron "Chief" Douglas from BSG;  he said if you ever wanted a screenplay to die a cut-up, over-edited and rewritten death that'll have no audience after 10 minutes, sell it to SyFy.  Apparently, he wasn't a big fan of the channel studio bosses.
I could believe that.  They're trying to evolve their brand, and that means network execs have to make enormous mistakes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.