News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For those interested, Humblebundle has a James Clavell audio book bundle including Shogun, Tai-Pan, Noble House etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/shogun-asian-saga-james-clavell-books
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Jermain came to Canada to play for Toronto, once. A much hyped move "Bloody Big Deal". Didn't work out. He seems to be a big mamma's boy, and she was never happy with the move. Didn't last a whole season, I don't think.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Also remember the personal assistant advert :lol:

I would not be surprised if it's largely the equivalent of self-publishing.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2024, 01:47:56 AMFor those interested, Humblebundle has a James Clavell audio book bundle including Shogun, Tai-Pan, Noble House etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/shogun-asian-saga-james-clavell-books

Thanks for this tip!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Apropos of nothing (actually, apropos of him showing up on Bad Movie Bible's videop about Indiana Jones knock offs, which includes Bloodstone in which he *gasp* plays a villain :P ):

One of my favorite villain actors is Christopher Neame. With his posh British accent and his penchant for chewing scenery he just delivers. :D

MacGyver:

Babylon 5:

Enterprise (second half of the clip):

Steel Dawn:

And where I first saw him way back when - Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight:

:wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Sorta miss that brief slice of time when all games went with FMV with actors in hokey makeups and sets.

HVC

Shogun: well I didn't see that coming.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 02, 2024, 05:27:09 PMShogun: well I didn't see that coming.

As I was watching it, I thought no I definitely saw that coming, and then oh yeah, didn't see that other thing coming.

Josquius

I've not watched them.
But the Amazon prime suggestions continue to be a bizarre mix of yesterday's blockbusters and random straight to video crap.
Though there seems to be a new entrant to the field.... Films you've never heard of but which have recognisable C-listers involved.

Occupation Rainfall.

An apparently straight sci-fi action film....with Jason Isaacs and Ken Jeong(!?!).

And Space Command Redemption.

A retro sci fi film with Doug Jones (doing his prosthetic thing I guess?) and top VFX people.

With that first in particular I'd love to know WTF. I suspect Film 43 style hijinks.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Regime...Started off OK, went through a lull in the middle, but picked up nicely at the end.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 08, 2024, 11:18:12 AMRegime...Started off OK, went through a lull in the middle, but picked up nicely at the end.

I couldn't get past the first episode. To learn that it goes down from there before it picks up is not encouraging.

Josquius

Watching three body problem. 2 eps in. Seems ok. Could go anywhere. Are there two species out there I wonder.
It enrages me however to see this 1960s era PRC computer where they're typing proper chinese characters. That wouldn't have been possible till the 80s at least iirc. The push to be able to do this was a big part of Japan being such a leader in the era.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

There's a Monopoly movie in the works with Margot Robbie as a star.

Something about the Patriarchy preventing women from accessing affordable property. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on April 10, 2024, 06:47:51 PMThere's a Monopoly movie in the works with Margot Robbie as a star.

Something about the Patriarchy preventing women from accessing affordable property. ;)

Fingers crossed they cover the original intended message of Monopoly?
More likely I suspect its something about getting along with your family and not falling out over stupid games.

And Margot Robbie as star...
1: She's going to do every toy spin off?
2: She's going to be this guy? I guess someone on the internet is having fun with photoshop.

Or hell. We all know the real star of Monopoly is the dog.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

She'll be a sexy top hat.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.