News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Mild spoiler from the Ted Lasso finale in a "blink and you'll miss it" way: Zoreaux to work with JCVD on "Escape to Victory" remake. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I wonder if the disappearance of the little blurbs on Netflix is connected to the writers' strike.

Syt

Doing a Red Dwarf rewatch. It's been a fair few years since the last time (and there's two seasons I haven't watched yet). I recall not liking some episodes last time, but I've overall mellowed and for the most part enjoyed the ride so far (though it's not a show to watch if you're a stickler for continuity which the show is very selective about :P ).

Anyways, watched the famous(?) "Stoke me a Clipper" episode (S7, Ep. 2) yesterday, and I had forgotten that Brian Cox was playing the King in the medieval VR game where Lister goes to bang the queen. :lol:

Also, not usually one to fawn about pretty females in shows/movies, but Sarah Alexander as queen ... :o :wub:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The writers in Hollywood are striking. Unsurprisingly, GRRM has come out in support. He's always there when writing is not to be done, I guess. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2023, 12:16:09 PMThe writers in Hollywood are striking. Unsurprisingly, GRRM has come out in support. He's always there when writing is not to be done, I guess. :lol:

Give it up.

A Dance With Dragons came out 12 years ago.  He isn't ever finishing that series.  The TV show completed the story, however imperfectly, but that's all we're ever going to get.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2023, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2023, 12:16:09 PMThe writers in Hollywood are striking. Unsurprisingly, GRRM has come out in support. He's always there when writing is not to be done, I guess. :lol:

Give it up.

A Dance With Dragons came out 12 years ago.  He isn't ever finishing that series.  The TV show completed the story, however imperfectly, but that's all we're ever going to get.

He's going to release it posthumously and in the last chapter Catelyn is going to wake up and see Eddard taking a bath and realize it was all a dream.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I'm not invested in the books or TV show. I just thought it was kinda funny that he supports the strike. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I know the joke writes (or rather non-writes  :P ) itself, but GRRM is Exec Producer on House of the Dragon and that is covered by the strike.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2023, 12:40:07 PM

Give it up.

He's going to release it posthumously and in the last chapter Catelyn is going to wake up and see Eddard taking a bath and realize it was all a dream.
There were supposed to be two more books...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Give it up.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Sanderson is going to finish that series, cause why not?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3310076953/]The Expend4bles

Basically, like the other 3 before it.

Nothing really new here.  Doesn't look too boring.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

I have always found the Expendable movies terribly unfun, and I'm a person that looks very fondly to 1980s dumb action flicks.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on June 08, 2023, 01:30:46 PMI have always found the Expendable movies terribly unfun, and I'm a person that looks very fondly to 1980s dumb action flicks.

Same.