News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

The Mandalorian's latest season could be skipped.  I guess it was something to watch if you had nothing else going on.
PDH!

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2023, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 24, 2023, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2023, 03:06:46 PMSaw one episode and the only thought I had was England is lucky to have London or they'd be screwed :P

Do you believe Toronto fills the same position? 🧐

Toronto is definitely closer on the spectrum to London than it is Sunderland :P

I also lived in Hamilton for a while, so I know a shithole when I see one :D

I'm in Oshawa . :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on April 25, 2023, 02:53:39 AMYeah. Most of them seem to be just promo pieces for the team.

Welcome to Wrexham I've been slowly watching but it doesn't appeal to me too much. I think it's the bouncing around that does it. Like the episode explaining what Wales is. A funny one off joke taken too far to a whole episodes length.

That's what I kind of liked about it - that it wasn't just a "here's what happened week by week".  Because it's a documentary that's coming out months after the on-the-field events there's not much surprise or interest that way.

And yes - sports documentaries have to walk a line of peeking enough behind the curtain to make them interesting but keeping enough privacy in order to keep the co-operation of the team.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Talking Sports documentaries that are interesting Man in the Arena The Tom Brady story was really interesting. Showed me an whole other perspective on events, that when they happened live, I was happy when he would lose & angry when he would have success.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

I think a few of us have read The Anarchy - interesting PR puff piece in the Times on it being sold to a Bollywood producer (formerly Disney) plus a writer working on a TV adaptation. Really really hope this gets made eventually :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 25, 2023, 02:59:07 PMI think a few of us have read The Anarchy - interesting PR puff piece in the Times on it being sold to a Bollywood producer (formerly Disney) plus a writer working on a TV adaptation. Really really hope this gets made eventually :mmm:

:mmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 25, 2023, 02:59:07 PMI think a few of us have read The Anarchy - interesting PR puff piece in the Times on it being sold to a Bollywood producer (formerly Disney) plus a writer working on a TV adaptation. Really really hope this gets made eventually :mmm:

I don't think it's doable.  Endless massive battles, endless subplots that would take season after season after season to fully narrate.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

'Running with the Devil' - a quite enjoyable Nicolas Cage film, not outstanding, but film helped along with Lawrence Fishburne playing a real character.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

A Sue-Ellen Braverman stand in makes an appearance in a very special episodetm of Ted Lasso. I liked the episode over all, and the training parts were great.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

It works for Sam as a character, though, because he had the storyline in the first season with the oil sponsor.

Really enjoyed the episode; coming home after work, Ted Lasso is like settling under a cozy blanket with a nice cup of tea :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I had no problem with the storyline itself. It was actually heartwarming how it panned out. It was more the thinly veiled caricature that involuntarily rolled my eyes :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

That's fair :D

Though the language is not too out of character for Braverman, either. :P

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/suella-braverman-accused-whipping-up-28375511
QuoteThe desperate Home Secretary, who is fighting for her job after admitting she repeatedly sent government emails to her personal account, claimed on Monday night that migrants fleeing wars and persecution had launched an �"invasion on our southern coast".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.