And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 15, 2023, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 13, 2023, 09:06:09 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2023, 09:03:24 AMAlso really good in Catherine Called Birdy - which I think deserved a bit more attention than it got.

She's been good since game of thrones. And her non binary-ness works well for season 2 if and when that happens.

I thought she was just ugly. :unsure:

While she has an "interesting" look, she's not ugly and dressed down for the part.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 15, 2023, 05:17:43 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 15, 2023, 05:16:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2023, 05:00:43 PMTed Lasso Season 3 drops today. :)

:w00t:

The entire season or just the 1st episode?

Just the first, really good episode though.

Stayed up late to watch it.

It WAS good.  I mean mostly just setting up what appears to be the themes of the season (or at least the first part of the season): Ted Lasso not sure why he's still in England, the club concerned about relegation, Roy and Keeley's relationship, what a fucked up person Nate is.  But funny and touching and makes you want to keep watching.

I do hope they keep going after this season.  I mean it's just a workplace comedy - nothing in that premise means it has to end at a certain point.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Willow has been cancelled after 1 season.
Good that I did not watch it.

link
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on March 16, 2023, 11:53:56 AMWillow has been cancelled after 1 season.
Good that I did not watch it.

link

It was bad.  I kept hoping it would get better, but it kept getting worse. 

Grey Fox

They, like National Treasure and Dark Crystal, made a nostalgia filled show for teenagers & 20 year olds. No wonder it's cancelled.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

But the Dark Crystal one was very good :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UM5231shwY

Seens cut from Hoosiers to make studio mandated 2 hour running time.  With directors comments.

The Buddy mystery explained.

HVC

A racially diverse grease sequel is coming out. That'll do well  :lmfao:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

New film out tomorrow that's a romcom set in my neighbourhood in London :o Very exciting. Looks like it'll be good too.

(Separate thought: I feel like romcoms are due a comeback. Feel like there's not been a really good one for ages.)

Edit: Local to the extent that I've literally had birthday food at the restaurant in the trailer :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on March 16, 2023, 04:36:34 PMA racially diverse grease sequel is coming out. That'll do well  :lmfao:

Is there anything about Grease that requires it not being racially diverse?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2023, 07:34:30 PMIs there anything about Grease that requires it not being racially diverse?

It's set in the 50s.

Sheilbh

Probably depends how seriously you take the 50s setting.

But I think Grease is light enough to bear being Bridgertoned.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Everybody knows that black people were only discovered in the 60s.