News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 27, 2022, 08:34:59 AMWas it as good as the Star Wars Christmas special?
Makes HOuse Party 2 look like House Party 3.
PDH!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Just learnt that Alan Rickman and Alfred Molina were approached for Red Dwarf (Lister and Rimmer). That's quite the sliding doors moment (does Rickman do Die Hard if he's under contract for Red Dwarf?).

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/05/how-we-made-red-dwarf-doug-naylor-craig-charles-bbc

I think both of them are probably happy about how things turned out...

Admiral Yi

Binged my way through The Crown.  I was ready for more.

Interesting that Fergy didn't get any screen time.

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on November 27, 2022, 06:37:29 PMJust learnt that Alan Rickman and Alfred Molina were approached for Red Dwarf (Lister and Rimmer). That's quite the sliding doors moment (does Rickman do Die Hard if he's under contract for Red Dwarf?).

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/05/how-we-made-red-dwarf-doug-naylor-craig-charles-bbc

So am I. Rickman as Lister? I just don't see it

The Brain

The Seed. Three young women go to the desert to watch a metorite shower, but they get more than they bargained for. It's not great cinema, but there are certainly much worse movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on November 28, 2022, 01:23:20 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 27, 2022, 06:37:29 PMJust learnt that Alan Rickman and Alfred Molina were approached for Red Dwarf (Lister and Rimmer). That's quite the sliding doors moment (does Rickman do Die Hard if he's under contract for Red Dwarf?).

Other way around would make more sense surely?

Craig Charles does Die Hard?
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Watched 1899 on Netflix. Another sort of hard-to-follow type show from the people behind Dark.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2022, 04:08:38 AM
Quote from: Maladict on November 28, 2022, 01:23:20 AM

Other way around would make more sense surely?

Craig Charles does Die Hard?

It would not make sense, but it would be funnier.

Admiral Yi

Did you guys see that Avatar II is going on Apple Plus and the trailer looks like blah?

Berkut

The first movie was the most over-rated movie of all time. Seems unlikely the 2nd will get better.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

And All Quiet on the Western Front has already slipped ignominiously off the Netflix home page.  Two movie duds in a row.

Zoupa

I had no idea they were making a sequel to Avatar and just watched the trailer.

It looks like a World of Warcraft cutscene from 2008. I'm puzzled who they think is the audience for this.

celedhring

Wanted to see Glass Onion on a big screen but it's only on a very few cinemas in the Barcelona area, none particularly close to where I live  :(